“A comfortable established hotel”

Hotel Honduras Maya
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
San Antonio, Texas
“A comfortable established hotel”
Reviewed March 16, 2007

Over the course of ten years we have stayed at the Honduras Maya more than a dozen times. It is not the newest or most expensive, but it is a comfortable and familiar home for us in Tegus. We return here again and again. Although some of the furnishings in the rooms show their age, this is a well run hotel. I have always found the hotel staff willing to assist us in any way. The hotel public spaces have been renovated recently, and the restaurant provides quality food, carefully prepared. North American tummies will not be disturbed here. Ask for room with "06" in its number (e.g. 306,406, etc). You will have an expansive view of central Tegus and the mountain at the same time.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Mayfaere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
detroit
Reviewed February 21, 2007

First I will start by saying I am a well traveled hotel snob. When I pull
out my precious money to spend on a nice hotel I expect certain things. One of them is great service. I did NOT receive that in this hotel. I have stayed in three of the upper end hotels in Tegucigalpa and do NOT recommend this one. If you are looking for excellent service, exquisite cuisine, beautiful, clean and well appointed rooms, and the best location in Tegucigalpa, I suggest you stay in the Intercontinental. The Honduras Maya, has very nice rooms, similar to that of a Marriott in the States, a very nice lobby, and a beautiful swimming pool. However, how can you enjoy any of this, when you see a waiter at the pool once every hour, even after you've been served, and the front desk staff has a knowledge deficit and an attitude problem??

To demonstrate their service here's an example. When I checked in, I was put in a room that did not have a coffee maker in the room. I went to the front desk and requested one, so they called the front desk manager. The man attending me told the front desk manager what I was requesting, and to him instead of me, the manager just gave a quick "no." Of course I interceded, so he said he would see what he could do. He called the housekeeping staff and told me verbatim "There is a coffee maker, but it does not have a pot, so if I find a pot you'll get a coffee maker." Ok, fine. The problem was, as I was walking back to my room, there was a housekeeper delivering a coffee maker to the room next to me!!! So, I waited till the next shift came in, called the front desk and voila, a coffee maker was brought to me. This is just one of many complaints I had on the service and I won't go on because it's not worth time. This hotel is pretty and you will enjoy it if you don't mind horrible service.

• Liked — Location, and the pool.
  • Disliked — Service, hotel staff.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank stags_leap1997
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2004

This is one of the oldest hotels in Tegucigalpa that made its name the old way. They earned it. The service is phenominal, staff is kind, helpful and caring.

The hotel and rooms are in good shape, even for its age. Comfortable rooms and and overall a very elegant hotel.

The hotel is located near Blvd Morazan which is perhaps the most popular road filled with restaurants and shops. Downtown is only five minutes aways and this is ideal if you are in town for business.

Taxi's are readily available outside the hotel and are recommended.

23 Thank gmhull
Travelers also viewed these Tegucigalpa hotels
Clarion Hotel Real Tegucigalpa
Real Colonial Hotel
Real Colonial Hotel
#12 of 30 in Tegucigalpa
Holiday Inn Express Tegucigalpa

Been to Hotel Honduras Maya? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Honduras Maya

Property: Hotel Honduras Maya
Address: Avenida Republica de Chile, 3 Calle | Col. Palmira, Tegucigalpa FM1100, Honduras
Location: Honduras > Francisco Morazan Department > Tegucigalpa
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#9 Business Hotel in Tegucigalpa
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Honduras Maya 3.5*
Icon Hotel in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, for those seeking tranquility and relaxation in a privileged environment. Tegucigalpa , capital of Honduras perfect for families , couples , business, weekend getaways . Our location is unbeatable and we distinguish ourselves by the quality of our facilities and the attention of a staff that is constantly striving to make unforgettable your stay in the capital of Honduras , the Honduras Maya find large green areas and quiet places for those who prefer the calm in the city, our proven experience , we have been recognized by important awards in national and international tourism industry top prize at Copan Tourism Award 2013 Excellence Award Central Tourism without Borders . Our facilities include a semi- Olympic pool, children's pool, jacuzzi, sauna, gym, casino , ample parking and a commercial area. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Honduras Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Honduras Maya Hotel