“Muy Bien!”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Seattle
“Muy Bien!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great place to stay, very safe, excellent food and accomidations. Good location, and the staff were very welcoming, and went above and beyond their duties to take care of us. I would definitly stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank mattwatrous
Minister_Hotels, Gerencia de Mercadeo at Minister Business Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Customer:

Thank you for making us your hotel in Tegucigalpa, we will make sure to let our staff know about your review, we will be ready to welcome you back with smiling faces at your return.

Thank you again, see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Most travelers are looking for the same basic list of requirements. And most travelers have a hard time finding them all in one place. The Minister has them all and exceeded my expectations.
#1. Excellent Service from the security guard at the entrance to the check in desk to the restaurant, bar and even the maids with a smile. (I left $, passports, laptop out with no issue).
#2. Excellent location in and near the best part of the city.
#3. Clean, new rooms and bathrooms. Comfortable beds, work area, big windows with great views, lots of electric outlets, in room safe and fridge etc.
#4. Great hotel for work with meeting rooms and a place to work- even with the rooftop area with fresh air and panoramic views of the city.
#5. The hotel is small and personalized with approximately 4 rooms per floor.
#6. It is a very good value- often half the price of competitive hotels in the city that are a bit run down. Immediately upon check in when you meet Alejandro, Manuel, Damian or Wilmer you receive Ritz Carlton quality service. Soraya in the bar & Belinda in the restaurant will keep you happy. It's also rare that you have the owner of the hotel (Nichole) on site making sure the service and overall quality maintains to her high standards.
If it reads as though I'm related to the hotel in someway- I am not. I had a bad fall on the stairs (my fault- texting and walking isn't smart). I got a concussion and broken ribs and was in a lot of pain- the entire staff treated me as if I was family and took care of me with genuine concern. I'll never forget that and this is why I took the time to get everyone's names and write this true and accurate.
review.
A note on Tegucigalpa and Honduras in general. It blows my mind that the country has such high crime levels. As a world traveler I'm aware that you have to be careful in any country however Honduras seemed especially safe and friendly to me. I honestly felt safer there than I do in many parts of the USA and Canada. Just like Mexico- the crime stats are cartels and gangs killing each other & corrupt officials- not innocent people. If you research it- most kidnappings and killings of business people or people who seem innocent on the surface owed money or has a family member that was involved in crime in one way or another. If you look at the stats of true- innocent people vs the USA- you are 10 times safer in Honduras and Mexico. It doesn't sell media to report this simple fact.
Thank you again Minister- I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This Hotel offered a very peaceful experience that took me away from the stress I was in. Very clean and excellent service. The centrical location is one of the best for its value. I recommend it to anyone that comes to Tegucigalpa.

Room Tip: The rooms to the right of the elevator on the 5th floor have some noise from the upper 6th floor kit...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Minister_Hotels, Marketing at Minister Business Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Venegas:

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay with us.

We are so pleased to know Minister Business has become a peaceful experience for you during your stay in Tegucigalpa,

Kind Regards,
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was my first trip to Honduras and I was so very comfortable there. The staff was always pleasant and helpful and I felt very safe and relaxed. It was very clean throughout and tastefully decorated. Laundry service was great. We did not venture out on foot—I would be afraid to try and cross the street. Traffic is crazy! I had breakfast and dinner there each day and the meals were fabulous. I enjoyed their local food. Soda there is a treat. The dining area was beautiful and clean and every effort was made to make us feel welcome—and well fed. The rooftop bar was a nice surprise. The rooftop atmosphere and the view of the city is wonderful. Typical city noise up there but we enjoyed the fact that there are several really comfortable sitting/lounging areas. Very modern, very airy. Grateful for wifi. Took me a day or two to figure out that if you go to the lobby on your floor, reception is best. I appreciated my stay there and am looking forward to going back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Over the past eight years I have had the pleasure of staying at both of the Minister Hotels in Tegucigalpa more than a dozen times with a group of surgical missionaries serving in the major hospitals in Tegucigalpa. The staff is superb and have proved themselves very flexible and competent in accommodating our varied needs. The facilities are modern, fresh and clean and the food quite good. Nice meeting facilities are available. I can strongly recommend The Minister Business Hotel as a wonderful facility for an individual or a group of travelers.
R, Barry Sorrells, MD Little Rock, AR

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel location is convenient to all locations downtown. I have stayed here many time over the past few years, and the service is consistently excellent. Hotel staff are very accommodating for special meeting requests. They always deliver on the special last minute request. The conference rooms are equipped for modern technical support, and the wifi is free and reliable. The new chef is outstanding. I really enjoyed the food on the most recent trip. The hotel staff are always helpful and pleasant.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Monroe, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at MBH from the moment I enter the receptionist Polo was very helpful and courteous,the housekeeper Veronica went out of her way to make me feel at home,the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable.I personally feel that The Minister Business Hotel is the best boutique hotel in Tegus and for the price also the best bargain,but it is not a resort it is a business hotel.I personally recommend it for your next Business trip you will not be sorry and tell them that Lily recommend you.

Room Tip: Back rooms in higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends