“Good bet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tegucigalpa
Econo Hotel Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 35 Tegucigalpa B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Olympia is a friendly hostess and the hotel is super convenient to the US embassy. Jessica is also very friendly and helpful and is a great addition to the property. I paid $50 per night and I wouldn't pay more. Be aware that if you pay with a credit or debt card you'll end up paying more. I was told that I would be charged $50 per night including taxes. Due to an unfavorable exchange rate that the hotel used I ended up paying about 10% more than was quoted to me. Not a huge deal but good to be aware of what the final cost will be when paying.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Voost

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Tegucigalpa is really no fun at all right now. Honduras murder rate is the highest in the world and especially the cities are not save at all.
So we were very happy having found the Econo B&B. It is situated in a great area where we could move quite freely with shopping facilities and restaurants nearby. The entry is hidden away so you can 'sneak' in and out attracting too much attention. The B&B itself is spacious, very clean and owned by a lovely lady eager to help you in every way. She called a company for us we had a meeting with to explain us the way, offered us a car park inside her compartment and gave us good advice where to go for lunch and dinner. Because turism in Tegucigalpa is on kind of an all time low there are not many affordable hotels right now. Most people who go there HAVE to go there and pay no matter what for their hotel. If you start looking for a room you will find out yourself. For the Econo we payed only 55$ for a kingsize bedroom (suite). Very good value and for our needs we could not have a better place to stay. So 5 points for this one.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kerim j
Reviewed February 10, 2012

An ideal alternative for a long stay. Conveniently located in a residential area, near commerce and entertainment. Owner Olympia is a wonderful hostess, always attentive to your every need and goes out of her way to make sure you have a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank scmh21
Reviewed January 10, 2012

As a solo female traveler who'd heard mixed reviews on how safe Tegucigalpa is, I had three things in mind when searching for a hotel there: 1. Safety, 2. Cleanliness, 3. Price / Character. And I knew I didn't want to stay in a boring, generic chain hotel.

The Econo B&B was exactly what I was looking for. The lady who owns it makes home-cooked breakfasts, can tell you where it's safe to go or not, and is the nicest person you've ever met. The swimming pool is clean, and you get a good view of the city lights going up the mountain with the statue of Jesus on top. And hot showers (a luxury in Honduras, most places only offer cold water). It's also less than half the price of a big hotel.

My cab driver had to ask someone where it was, since there's no sign out front. It's half a block behind the US Embassy and across from the Plaza Robina. It has a yellow wall with a red gate, and if the red gate is on your right, you will be looking directly at the big blue VIP workout gymnasium.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor have access to a nice little patio where you can sit with your laptop...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Leona V
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This place is located in one of the upmarket areas of Tegucigalpa right behind the US Embassy, there are restaurants and a Shopping Centre with a Supermarket and a Bank just around the corner on Boulevard Morazan. At USD$45 including Breakfast it cant be beaten, Everything is spotlessly clean and you can arrange your tours from here. This is not a hotel in the conventional sense, there is no Restaurant or Room Service and there are only 12 rooms but its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank desmonc
Reviewed October 30, 2011

To get good quality You don't have to pay to much. This is a safe and quiet place that offer a great service for a low price. Located in one of the most safer residential in the City of Tegucigalpa (Belive me, I know about honduras) just behind the American Embassy!! Note that since this is a Guest House is not Bigger, But is as confordable as a Hotel. I got to this place by it´s website. For information visit: www.econobb.com

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NormanWXZ
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Wow! finally we found a place that we can call decent and affordable at the same time. The accomodations were excellent, the daily breakfasts were varied daily and sooo good! I was also amazed about the neatness and overall cleanliness of the rooms and common areas. Everybody was extremely friendly and helpful when trying to meet our needs. VERY safe location, considering it's behind the US Embassy. Definitely will go back whenever I go on business trips to Tegus and would even take my family there since they have a very nice, clean pool area and gardens. Overall, BEST PLACE I've stayed in Tegus after going there for 10 years. Why hadn't I found this place before????????

Room Tip: You can ask for 2nd floor suites, since the view to the mountains is outstanding.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business