“Best in Teguc”

Restaurante El Corral
Ranked #143 of 202 Restaurants in Tegucigalpa
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed September 4, 2012

El Corral is not to be missed! Thank goodness they re=built after the fire - we sorely missed it. The staff remember you by name, even though we only are there once or twice a year. The food is simply outstanding and plentiful. The new layout may not quite have the same 'ambiance' as previously, but it is still wonderful. We are usually in Teguc for our anniversary and have spent many at El Corral. It's a treat!

1  Thank SoonerWiz

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently wrote about the fire which closed this old time favorite of mine. The good news is that they have rebuilt, and re-opened in the same location.

The layout is different, and not quite as upscale in ambience, but they are working on that, according to the management.

Food and service have not suffered, however, and I for one was very happy to see that. They
still remember you and our likes, and this is a plus to me. There are a few new staffers, but all
seem to have the same friendliness and quick service as the old place had. As I have mentioned, this is fairly unique for a Honduran restaurant.

I'm sure, as time passes, El Corral will once again regain it's penache, and hopefully will retain its great food and service.

Art

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I go to El Corral when we have a night away from the kids. Great food and a quiet atmosphere. Nice restaurant for a couple drinks and some delicious honduran food.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

It's a shame to have to report that one of my all-time favorite spots to eat in this city, is no more.

A fire completely destroyed the restaurant, and it had to be demolished.

This had to be a definite difference in Honduras. I couldn't count the times I had enjoyed lunch or dinner there, and was never disappointed. From the large portions, to excellently grilled meats, to the exceptional service, a rarity here, it will always be a fond memory.

Any Trip Advisor readers who may have eaten here will surely agree that it was a wonderful place to go. I will review new places I have found shortly.

Art

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This used to be the place for steaks, but no more. There are newer and nicer steak houses now, such as Ni-Fu, Ni-Fa, and the Hacienda Real. Did I mention that the ambiance is very worn and not worthy of the prices