Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $175.00
from $185.00
from $175.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Highlights:

1. Kerim, the guide, is knowledgeable about the ruins themselves but is also knowledgeable about Honduras & the wider region and seems to really understand what makes a great, and flexible, tour. It was a privilege to be able to spend the day in such great company, I learnt a lot about Honduras as a country, recent history as well as the more ancient history to be found in the ruins themselves.

2. The ruins themselves were fantastic. It's not a huge site but it contains a lot of detail.. and tunnels! You can actually go down and walk inbetween pyramids which have been built on top of one another - a very special experience!

3. The town of "Copan Ruinas" is surprisingly quaint, it is a colonial-style old town with great coffee shops and restuarants (which no doubt Kerim can show you!).

If you're looking here and have more than a day free (as I did) I would recommend contacting Kerim through his website Icatracho.com (Which I didn't do but regret!) as he may be able to offer you a longer tour to see more of Honduras in the time you have.

Couldn't recommend enough, the tour has made me think of coming back soon for tourism and Kerim will be the first person I call if when do!

Date of experience: September 2018
KerimPerdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2020

Thanks so much Mr. T...a few time a go, I responded this message, but the new changes in the Tripdvisor Platform delete my lines. It was an honor to attend you and spend a nice time, sharing a lot of knowledge. Hope you continue traveling the world. You are more than welcome to Honduras when you decide to comeback again!

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I met Kerim in Cerro Azul Meamber National Park. I hadn't even booked a tour with him and met him while he was on a wonderful tour with David from Spain. Karim was so helpful he took me back in his van from the park to La Guama and then the two invited me to tag along for tasty fried fish from Lago Yojoa and beertasting at the D&D Brewery. It was a wonderful afternoon and I cannot say thank you enough. Topping everything Kerim explained to me how I will get from the lake to El Salvador in one day. Thanks a million! When I return to Honduras, I know who to contact!

Date of experience: September 2018
KerimPerdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2019

Hello Ms. Katrin, there was a glitch with reviews in TA, the response before doesn´t appers. it was nice to help you, specially sharing time with David from Spain. Hope you get nice memories from our little country. And the most important receive nice vibrations of our people.
Hope you come back again and enjoy more places and activities in Honduras.
You are more than welcome...tour friends too...Keep traveling safe.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Great Tour Guide
Exentlent service friendly And bring you close to the Hondurian Mentality
Did. at least 5 Tours
All of them were great Organized with a lot of Information
They doing also the Tour when you doing Alone
Like a private Tour

1  Thank ingohenke
kperdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Hello Mr. Ingo...thanks so much for trust in our services. It´s a pleasure to assist you in every tour you take. Thanks for give Honduras the chance to be honored with your visit. Hope you can continue enjoying the beauty of nature, beaches, archaeology, adventure, the flavors of our food, the good taste of our beer, and most special the warmth of our people...while you are here...Thanks so much again.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

My wife and I had an amazing time with Kerim during our stay. He was on time with everything, knowledgeable, and courteous. He picked us up from airport and dropped off hotel. The next day we took a drive out to Copan to see the Mayan ruins. During the trip we decided to skip out on the tunnels and bird park to see the Hot Springs (another hour trip). He was very receptive to this idea and planned everything out for us given the last minute audible. I enjoyed the Hot Springs and recommend it although it makes for a LONG day of travel there and back to San Pedro Sula.

Kerim took excellent care of us and loved his passion about what he does and about his Honduran culture. We strongly recommend anyone traveling to Honduras to use his services. We would use him again for our next Honduras trip.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Orlando O

Hello from Honduras Mr. Orlando...I´m writing again, because of a "glitch", the message that I write before, disappear. Thanks so much for trust in pur services and for visiting my country, it was an honor to assist you, spend a good time in Copan. Our goal is that you to feel at home, enjoying the simple things we can offer you. Until, next time....

Reviewed August 9, 2018

I have visited Honduras twice, and at the first time in 2017 I was lucky enough to have Kerim as my guide. We did then a day trip to Pulhapanzac waterfalls combined with kayaking at Yoya lake. It was a great experience, and having been in Honduras once it was much easier to make another trip in April 2018, especially as I knew that I would have an excellent guide in Kerim. This time we did two day trips, to Comayagua visiting Taulabe cave on the way, and to Omoa Cortes fortress.
Comatagua is a charming town, formerly the Capital of Honduras. There is a beautiful cathedral and an interesting local museum. Taulabe cave is amazing and there are stairs and lights. In Omoa there is a former Spanish fortress with local guides, and in the village many restaurants specializing in seafood.
Honduras has a bad reputation but all I can say after two visits that it's a beautiful country, the people are friendly and Honduras dererves a chance: But as long as there are only few tourists you can get a very personal service.

Date of experience: April 2018
kperdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Hello Mr. JVirta...my thoughts to Finland...thanks so much for give us the opportunity to assist you in your visits to my little country...it was a truly honor to be your host twice, and enjoy the experiences and talks while we travel...next time you decide to visit Us, remember this is your second home.
Best Regards.