“Great place to stay!”
Review of Hotel Maya Copan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Pedro Sula
Hotel Maya Copan
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for almost two weeks. It was comfortable, friendly staff, clean rooms, hot water, air conditioning and internet, all for a very affordable price. It is also within walking distance to the central park downtown. Daytime is safe, and after dark, you are close enough to walk back to the hotel after eating. If you want to venture further away, the hotel staff can recommend a safe and affordable taxi driver that they know and do business with. The owner, Martin, is very friendly, and does speak English. He makes you feel welcome and at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel. In fact, we are planning to return in May and will make our reservation here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rewindplus3

Reviewed January 5, 2010

Two of us girls stayed at the hotel for two saparate nights, one in the beginning of our trip and one at the end of the trip.

The reservations was easy to make and Martin, who helped us with the reservations was very helpful.
We arrived late the first night. The staff that was greeting us do not speak english, and we speak little spanish, so the process was very confusing. We were assigned in a room in the forth floor, when we got up there, there was no light at the hallway, we have to take out flashlight to try to find the room. There was one double bed for the two of us, which was very cramp. The room did not look very clean, window was broken so we can't close it to isolate the noise from outside and like a few reveiwers said, it was extremely noisy.
In the morning, we try to ask the staff for some directions, but since he does not speak english, so he didn't even bother to try to understand us. He made no effort, and just sat there and watched TV. Breakfast was suppose to start from 7 am to 10 am, but when were got up, he said the cook will not be there till 9 am, and by 9 am the restaurant was still closed.

Seeing that we have very tight schedule and with limit budget, we decided to brave and continue with the second reservations. Another staff was there, while he speak very little english, he was definitely much more helpful than the first staff. He originally assigned us to the same room on the first night, but we request to have two beds, so he switched us to another room on the same floor. This time, the light was lite, and as we entered the room, it was suprisingly pleasant, it looked like a room from a decent hotel with very tasteful decorations. The room had two sofas and two double beds, bathroom was also much nicer than the first room. However, there were definitely bed bugs, as my friend and I got bitten all over the legs throughout the night.

When we asked the second staff to call us a taxi to go out for dinner, he promtely made one and when the taxi did not arrive for some time, he keep calling them back. And finally he decided to call a different company, and he made sure were safe when we were waiting for the cab outside (It was 8 at night). So to be fair, I really appreciate the effort the second staff made along we all other things he helped us with, even we had communcation problems, unlike the first staff.

I think I would only recommend the hotel to anyone with a really really tight budget,
I think one is better off to pay the big bucks to go to nicer hotel like the Hilton or Intercontinental.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank cnssu123
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Neatly decorated, tile floors in rooms, for the most part quite good. Bed sags a little and close inspection of the bed linens should be skipped. The downtown neighborhood is rough - clear warnings not to be out and about after 9, but thats the case in many CA cities.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I found the Hotel Maya Copan to be a Good Value.
Stayed 7 Nights and Paid $20 usd per night all taxes and fees Included.

CHECK IN:Check In was smooth and my room was ready upon arrival which I had reserved upon arrival at the San pedro sula airport by phone.

ROOM:The Room on the 2nd was Kinda on the Small side but very clean,nice furnished with a Full size bed,Desk & Chair,with cable TV,Very strong Air Conditioner,Private clean Bath.Overall I was very satisfied with the room my only complaints were the Lack of Water Pressure and No in Room phone which wasnt a big deal but would of been nice to have they did have WIFI which was very Covinient especially in a Hotel at this Price range.Room was cleaned on a Daily Basis & Clean towels,sheets,soap was provided eachtime.

HOTEL:Located in Central San Pedro Sula about 2 blocks away from the Main Central Plaza/Park,Close to Many restaurants.Felt Secure at all times in the Hotel,but while during the daytime the neigborhood was fine at Night time it was very deserted,dark and I would just take a Taxi as I didnt feel safe at all.Free Coofee and Cookies were offered most of the Time and Small snacks/drinks were on sale at the front desk.

STAFF:The Staff was Helpful and always willing to Please.They were there to answer any questions,Call a Taxi or to meet most of Your needs.While I speak Spanish I found the Hotel lacked English speaking Staff which can make it Tricky if you dont speak Spanish.

Overall I really felt pleased with the Maya Copan and wouldnt hesitate to stay there again or suggest it to other Travelors in need of a Basic,Clean,Budget Place to stay.
Maya Copan gets an A+

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jc22ny
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel after reading some of the reviews and my experience was positive. It is not a luxurious ample hotel yet it has charm and the staff is friendly and helpful. Another advantage is its convenient location in the center of town (just a 5 minute walk to the main central plaza). I definitely recommend it if you need an economical stay with a clean and amiable atmosphere. They are currently installing a US phone number, in case you want to call directly to make a reservation or ask general questions. Their English language skills are limited, but if you have a minimal Spanish level you will be able to get the message across.
Cheers.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank QuestWorld
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I got married in San Pedro Sula in June 2009, not only did I spend my honeymoon at the Hotel Maya Copan, my family that flew in from the states stayed as well. The staff was amazing very accommodating with everything. The rooms where very clean. When you walk in to the reception you see the wonderful decorations that they have threw out the hotel, also outside the room area there is a mini living room which is beautifully decorated and makes you feel right at home. There is also a little restaurant that serves traditional Honduran meals but can accommodate everyone’s taste. I am planning to go back in December and I am defiantly staying at the hotel again. Oh and one more thing the hotel has a little business area with a computer and internet or you can take your own computer and they have wireless internet available.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YuliePineda
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Hotel Maya Copan,San Pedro Sula ,Honduras. We stayed here for 4 days at the end of Feb./09. We received courteous service and found the breakfast included very "tipico Honduran" and were very pleased. Our room ,while not fancy by North American standards, was non the less clean and comfortable.We felt we received good value for the price.The owner apologized for the on-going construction, as they were building 3rd floor rooms, but we were not inconvenienced as a result. The only down side to our stay was the sound of the traffic outside our window but since we are early risers anyway it was a minor inconvenience. We got what we expected and would gladly stay here again.

Neil and Angela Duerksen