“Terrific little business hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metrotel Express

Metrotel Express
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Miami, Florida
“Terrific little business hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

As a veteran of the big name business hotels in the states I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel which is 15 min fmrom the airport, has high speed wireless in the room and the lobby, so I could work with clients in the lobby and zoom though email at the desk in my room. The staff was really helpful. I will make this a mainstay as I expand my. Usiness here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boca Raton, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at the Metrotel last month with three other families during a medical mission trip, and it was absolutely wonderful! We can't say enough about the warm hospitality, comfort and courtesy. The kids loved the pool and hanging out on the hammocks in the garden. The breakfast area with it's tables and wireless was a great place to meet at the beginning and end of each of our work days. Staff is friendly and rooms are spacious and spotless!

Room Tip: We liked the first floor rooms were in.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Othello WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was an American style hotel, everything was fabulous after all the other places I had stayed at in Honduras. Very pricey by Honduran standards but air conditioning, and hot water and a bed with blankets, a TV... It was great! The included breakfast was a little strange. There was some odd pastries, 3 types of cold cereal, 2 kinds of bread for toast and a big bowl of refried beans. Orange juice and some fruit as well as coffee.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

Friendly, helpful service, clean rooms and near the airport. We stayed here for just one night and it was great to have a swim in the (sensibly shaped) pool before setting off on our journey. Breakfast was basic but fine. Location and gardens give it a calm atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

I did she the other 1 star ratings but saw so many good ones, decided to go for it. BIG mistake. I came in on the 1 a.m. flight with Spirit Airlines. Like the other 2 reviews, I had confirmed with credit card and again by phone the day of departure, since I was traveling alone with my 7 year old daughter and nervous about the late hour of arrival. The man at the desk basically said he had no record of any reservation, was horribly rude and unhelpful, and directed us to another hotel. There were two other couples that arrived while I was going through this who has the exact same thing happen to them.
The taxi driver basically said he knew a better place (I was skeptical but what are you gonna do) and he took us to a lovely, inexpensive hotel in the city.

I'm not sure why there are so many great reviews, but my advice is DON'T GO HERE!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ststogo
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

We stayed there for two nights after arriving at San Pedro Sula Airport. We were en route to Copan but decided to spend a whole day in the area to visit the Lake Yojoa area. We had made an advance reservation through the hotel for a tour. Unfortunately, the night we arrived we were informed that the tour was canceled and couldn't get a clear answer why.
So, why am I recommending this hotel? My wife talked with the manager, Karen, the next morning and told her how disappointed we were. Karen explained that the tour company wanted the tour to be confirmed 24 hours in advance and the desk people had forgotten to do so. She offered to have one of the drivers the hotel uses, Luis, take us wherever we wanted for the day at no cost to us, other than admissions, meals, etc. (The tour we had booked had been very expensive, $124/person without lunch!) She apologized for his lack of fluency in English. We went for this anyway and went to the Pulahapanzak Falls and to Lake Yojoa with him, hiring a guide at Lake Yojoa (which we paid for, but it was cheap). It turned out that Luis's English was adequate, though not perfect, and he even translated for the guide (who spoke no English).
So all in all we had a great time the one full day we were there and we saved a bunch of money.
While we were unhappy at the original foulup, we feel that Karen's actions more than made up for it, and we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Live Oak, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were so impressed with the service at the Metrotel Express. They exchanged our dollars and even when I lost my phone charger they had one that I could use. However, on they could improve in the following manner: 1. I think they charge a bit much for the room. I am comparing to what I paid in La Ceiba. Rooms in San Pedro may all be more. They should also be more accurate with the cost of taxi's. They quoted us $10 for a cab and all the drivers requested $15. I also found the cost of the restaurant to be high but convenient.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple