Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Guacamaya Inn B&B(San Pedro Sula)
View Hotel
Hotel Monteolivos(San Pedro Sula)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Boutique Primavera(San Pedro Sula)
View Hotel
Hotel Ejecutivo(San Pedro Sula)
View Hotel
All reviewssushigreat hotelfactory steakrooms are moderngreat businessbest hotel in townbreakfast buffetnice gympool area isthe nicest hotelsbusiness or pleasureexercise roomfront desk staffabout minutes from the airportan upgradefood courtmultiplaza mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I visited again San Pedro Sula on august 2012 and this time I stayed at the Intercontinental. It has a good location. Check in was efficient, I stayed at the executive floor (8th) and my room was clean although smaller than what I expected. TV with lots of channels, wifi is somewhat slower than what you would like. They have construction on the bar so only option is an improvised terrace bar which was acceptable. We had dinner at the buffet and liked it, lots of options. There's a nice cigar shop in the lobby. Check out was another story, it took forever, well about 10 minutes and maybe it's that I was in a hurry but it wasn't what I had hoped for. In terms of price I guess I would have to say it's a bit over the top. Would I return? maybe. I like the Hilton Princess more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Schierloh, General Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Hummer63,

We appreciate your time and we thank you for your review. Also, we are pleased to inform you that our renovations in the bar are almost done, and we are going to increase our food options even more with the opening of a new restaurant, and also you will be able to keep enjoying our terrace bar. Accept our apologies for the slow check out; being in the executive floor gives you the chance of checking out up in the 8th floor or at the reception desk in the main lobby.

We hope to see you soon in San Pedro Sula.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel has a great reputation in Central America, nice design, good location, but based on my experience over rated and over priced. The rooms are average, very small bathrooms, not many dining options and the worst of all and a huge flaw is the lack of acoustic control. You can hear people cough form room to room and for me that is unacceptable for any hotel, doesn´t matter if it is a 3 star. The other thing is the price at certain seasons. This is what I call, a hotel to stay since you have no other option.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Jose G,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the negative impression you may have had especially on the acoustic issue. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as these will be looked into. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel an average of at least 3 days a month since 2001. All hotels at one time or another have unavoidable problems but I have never experienced a bad stay. If anything goes wrong the staff addresses the problem immediatly. The entire staff always treats me with respect and courtsy. The restaurant has a splendid breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. The regular menu is varied but the buffet is better. The hotel is in a fairly safe area with a small mall next door and a larger one with in 2 blocks. Both have movie theaters and food courts. We have walked to the larger one many times without feeling unsafe. Would highly recommend this hotel if staying in San Pedro Sula, is like me second home.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Schierloh, General Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Darrell,

Thanks for your review. After all this time coming to our hotel we can only be grateful and happy that everytime, you choose us. We can assure you that people like you make this hotel a better place, you are part of our lifes everytime you come to the hotel, which is definitely your home!

Thanks and we are waiting once again to give you the best service.
And see you in a couple of days. Have a safe trip!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

CHECK IN: Very easy and pleasant. However, armed guards are outside by door man and in lobby, which is always a little nerve wracking when you first see them there. ROOMS: Very modern, clean with nice towels, bedding and furniture. FOOD: We had a buffet dinner which was very nice with a good sampling of international and local foods. CHECKOUT: Easy checkout and they made sure we had a taxi for our early morning departure. HOTEL: Overall, it was clean, friendly and right next door to the mall for last minute shopping. We had trouble with the internet in the room and the front desk clerks had trouble getting me onto the business center computers too. I wouldn't consider this a destination hotel but a good overnight for your flights into and out of San Pedro.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Schierloh, General Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Linda,
Thank you very much for your valuable opinion.
We appreciate your comments and your time. We are happy that you had a good experience, and had the opportunity to enjoy our clean and comfortable rooms, and tried our international food in our restaurant. We hope to see you soon in San Pedro Sula.

Rodolfo Schierloh

Reviewed June 25, 2012

San Pedro Sula is an industrial and business city so please keep that in mind. I only stayed here as a base to get to the Copan Ruinas (Mayan Ruins). The Concierge Head Marcela Reyes was extremely helpful with airplane issues (prior to even arriving via numerous emails), to arranging things to do in city which is really not a tourist town, and just being very pleasant and helpful. Oscar the bellman was also very concerned and helpful. All the staff are very responsive. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and very reasonable. The food is quite good. Room service was fast and very reasonable compared to room service at an upscale hotel in the US. They also have a gym and a lovely pool where I had a nice swim. For convenience, there is a mall next door. I live in San Francisco where there are two Intercontinental properties and the hotel here does deliver on the accomodations and service end -- and do so comparably for almost half the price. I also loved the understated elegance and decor of the lobby area and rooms which reflected the Honduran/Central American style and culture. I appreciated the details like the fresh, chilled watermelon/fruit juice in the lobby for guests. I also enjoyed being addressed by my name when I was coming and going. ;-)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Schierloh, General Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear Cara,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your time and effort to give us that wonderful review about our hotel. But our main goal is keeping our guests happy and comfortable, provide them the best services. We are happy you enjoyed the gym and the pool, next time you come to the hotel we will be pleased to accommodate you in our new restaurant. Also we did some renovations at the main lobby.

Please visit us soon to give you the best service again!