“FANTASTIC HOTEL!”

Hilton Princess San Pedro Sula
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Reviewed April 30, 2013

When I travel to San Pedro Sula, Honduras I always stay at the Hilton Princess. There has not been one occasion where I was not satisfied with the hotel, staff, food, environment, etc. Their concern for my safety and well-being is incredible. Since I travel alone, this is very important to me and the company for which I work. Since I am usually there for business and I am not Diamond level, I always pay the extra $40 per day for the diamond service. It allows me access to the hotel business services and business lounge so that I don't have to go out and about searching for those type services elsewhere. This diamond service also includes other perks such as snacks, drinks, breakfast and other things that, when you add up the value is much more than the extra $40 per day. I usually end up meeting others who are there for business purposes and meeting more local business people as well. The pool is well maintained and a great place to relax.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
There are newer reviews for Hilton Princess San Pedro Sula

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. I always felt safe in the hotel. We elected the Executive package which included breakfast, WiFi on unlimited devices, and drinks in the Executive lounge in the evening. Great value! I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 25, 2013

As two non-Spanish speaking women traveling alone through Honduras, our comfort level in San Pedro Sula was VERY low. The Princess Hilton was a lovely safe haven during an otherwise stressful trip. The staff was all polite and accommodating. The food at the onsite restaurant was very good and moderately priced. The rooms were what I would expect from a Hilton. If I ever find myself in Honduras again, the Princess Hilton will be my choice again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

While visiting my then fiance last year, I booked 4 day stay at this property. The first two days were fine, but the third night, there was a local party booked in one of the ballrooms that literally shook my windows and floors until 2am in the morning. I dealt with that, but on the 5th day of my stay,I was charged a full rate. I was not contacted until 9 pm that evening and I then realized I had made an error in my booking and I needed another night. No reasonable attempt was made to inform me of this and when I discussed it the next day with management, they said they would make it rigfht. Nothing was ever done and a couple of weeks later, I contacted the corporate website and have never heard back from them. Poor followup and bad communication on mangements part. Never will go back there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed one night in the Executive floor/rooms. You get a complimentary drink which was nice. Lounge also served snacks which looked average - did not try them. Breakfast very nice - cereals, eggs and fruit. Small pastry selection. Great staff and good service. Rooms are large but dated. Ditto the bathrooms but hotel is safe and clean. Fine for a one night stay. It is a short ride (20 mins) from the airport and we just got an airport taxi - cost $25. Perfectly safe although I was a little concerned given we arrived late. I did not need to be - they are all licenced drivers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A+++ on every part of our experience! Our room was wonderful!! Staff everywhere were wonderful! Executive lounge was wonderful! We would totally recommend this hotel to anyone! Sleep was wonderful! Our stay was.... WONDERFUL!!! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pros:
Bed: very comfortable
Pillows: plenty and you can ask for firm or soft
Pool: clean and cool (which is good when it is consistently over 90 in March)
Bar: beer is fairly cheap ($5 incl tip)
Staff: friendly, helpful, polite
Gym: treadmills and ellipticals work; one of the stair steppers randomly turns off. Foam roller and medicine balls available. Dumbbells up to 50 lbs in 5 lb increments. 2 benches.

Cons:
No ATM (there is a bank across the street)
Business center charges quite a bit for printing
The mini fridges in the room and in the executive lounge don't work well; they barely keep anything above room temperature

Room Tip: Shell out the extra $20-$30 for a room on the executive levels (floors 5 and 6).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business