“Tired and underinvested”

Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Kirkland
“Tired and underinvested”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here for three nights on the 9th floor. The hotel is very dated in its public areas. No changes in 20+ years and not much activity either. The gym has not been touched for 20 years, is in a tiny room with cheap plastic floors that were dirty. The equipment just about functions. The room I stayed in was OK, clean. There was no hot water (nor did other guests have that privilege either). The staff try their best, but the lipstick on this old concrete tower block is hard to mask.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Moonstonemoclips,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance of the property. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen Gray
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Eagle
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Was very disappointed. just was not very nice. Smelled musty. Rooms average Food in restaurant less than par.Stayed at worst but also much better. Glad only had to stay one night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Mark W,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly disappointed we did not manage this for your stay. I'm sorry our rooms and the food served during your stay did not live up to your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
South Fulton, Tennessee
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I decided to try the Crown Plaza in San Pedro Sula due to the renovations going on at the Inter-Continental and it turned out to be worse. First of all check-in took 20 minutes not because of a crowd (only 2 people in front of me) but because of only one desk clerk on duty and he seemed to be unexpierenced. I was told that I recieved an upgrade for being a Platinum Rewards member but I did not, ended up in standard room with two double beds. After going out to dinner I came back to the room and turned on the A/C, after about an hour the room was still just under 80 degrees. Called the front desk and was told " the problem was due to the power company and not the hotel and it should be fixed in about an hour". The A/C never did work during the night.
Around 3:00 AM someone attempted to enter my room with a key card. The safety latch was on the door so they could not enter. As I got fully awake I was able to figure out that the front desk had mistakenly assigned my room to another guest because the front desk clerk had me down as in a different room.
Spoke to the manager in the morning when checking out and she said she "was sorry" for the problems. Not as sorry as I was !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank msmintn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear msmintn,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Pedro Sula.

Zelyn N

Travelers are raving about these San Pedro Sula hotels

Virginia
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This hotel has comfortable rooms with all conveniences. Exception staff, most of whom speak English. Wi-fi available. Very good breakfast included. Convenient for getting a taxi to the artisan's market for excellent souvenirs.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The hotel is nice, like a Marriot, but not quite Crowne Plaza level. For example, there were several pieces of equipment in the gym that were broken, there was not toilet paper or soap in the pool bathrooms for at least two days, some of the buttons on the elevator didn't work, etc. Not that I am complaining, for the price it was a nice change of pace from other places in Honduras, but it wasn't up to U.S. Crowne hotels by any means. Our room was beautiful, the only thing was that the shower didn't drain very well, but that didn't bother me one bit since I was pleased to have a clean shower with both hot and cold water after traveling around Central America. I paid $103 for the night and was completely happy with what I got for the price. The restaurant was expensive comparatively, but there is a restaurant El Fogoncito, right across the street. I had the Parilla en la mesa at the hotels restaurant and was very pleased. . We had a couple of drinks at the bar which were wonderful, and we used the shuttle which cost more than a cab, but it was much nicer as well. The next morning we walked out of hte hotel and went right for about 3 blocks and found a Denneys and La Ceboollanita for breakfast places, both were great, but not feasible to walk there at night as the city is quite unsafe.

Room Tip: 9th floor executive suites! They gave us a free upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Puravidamia,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Brenda J.
Cancun
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I came here as a business traveller in the first place, so I did not expect it to be anything special. The place is safe and very basic and maybe just a little too expensive. There are better places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Stockton, California
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We got a special Christmas rate of $100.00 that included breakfast. Attached restaurant is very convenient. Centrally located to markets, downtown and museums. For $100 in Honduras I expected an exceptional hotel. Our room had comfortable beds but a leaky toilet. Don't take shuttle from hotel to airport because you can go by taxi for half the price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends