“Safe, Clean, and Friendly”
Review of Guacamaya Inn B&B

Guacamaya Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The staff at the Guacamaya Inn were polite, friendly and helpful. The room was huge and nice. It seemed to be in a quiet, safe part of San Pedro Sula. If you're nervous about wandering out into the city at night, there's a really great system for ordering food to your room from a large assortment of restaurants. We left our stuff there all day when we went to Copan, and it was all fine when we got back. Thursday night went really well. Friday night there was some really loud music outside our window until 3am, but I don't know if that was a special occasion or a common occurrence. The breakfast was amazing. I highly recommend Guacuamaya for any travelers to San Pedro Sula.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay even though it was just an overnight but the service is excellent. The room is very clean and loved the colors, very tropical. Its so quiet that you can sleep in comfort. Its just like 400 yards from City Mall and other major plazas. I want to thank Roberto and his family for giving me a warm welcome and assistance. I would strongly recommend this to friends who want to go to San Pedro Sula for business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2013

These folks are folks and not internationally trained hoteliers. The one thing they know is how to look after their guests. Not only that their marketing campaign, their décor, their approach is unique to them and it works. No point changing something that has charm, good service, well appointed rooms, and people who really give a damn. Nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bentley1Seattle
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Needed a place to sleep for a night in San Pedro Sula, luckily we stumbled on the Guacamaya Inn B&B. Super helpful staff, clean rooms and you can walk across the street to the mall for those flip flops that just ripped.

Not only did the owner pick us up at the airport, take us on a city tour, (which included a walk through the public market), take my husband to the pharmacia to buy some medicine but also ended up negotiated a taxi for us the next day to La Ceiba. Great place to stay, no hassles, friendly, all you can eat breakfast-and made to order.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The owner of this hotel Roberto picked us up from the airport himself. He stopped on the way so we could pick up a takeaway Baleada for dinner (we'd got in VERY late) and pick up some cash. He was helpful, kind and I have no doubt that I our experience of Honduras and San Pedro Sula would have been MUCH lesser if we hadn't have met him. The room was HUGE, with a giant TV, aircon and everything else we needed - even the shower was good. Breakfast was really tasty. It's in a really safe part of town so we didn't have any issues walking to the local mall for dinner and Roberto even took us to the market for breakfast before dropping us off to catch our bus to Copan Ruinas. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Thank you so much Roberto, for making Honduras such a magical destination for us. We'll be back!!! Isabelle and Jess.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed last night, I went to have dinner and when i got back someone had enter my room and taken all my money, and credit cards. The door wasn't force and they didn't take anything else.. Is like the knew exactly where my money was. A person even told before I went for dinner to take good care of my money beause the zone was dangerous!!! That is why I only took what I needed for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Alejandra G
GuacamayaTrip, Gerente at Guacamaya Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

We regret the incident that you reported to us. Since you did not put the necessary complaint to the authorities we inform you that we did. We handed the surveillance videos during their inspection and employee statements. We can also guarantee that no hotel employee went near your room. The hotel is located in the safest zone of the city, so is not dangerous as you stated as it can also be vouched by our many satisfied guests. But in light of what occured, we are taking extra security measures. ¨
Roberto F.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We could not have been happier with our stay at Hotel Guacamaya!!! This hotel is located in a perfect part of town, especially if you are only going to be there for a short time. Roberto gave us a full out comedy show on the way to the airport! Nancy was such a welcoming host! We were supposed to stay at this hotel at the beginning and end of our vacation. Our flight was cancelled and re-routed to another part of Honduras on the way in. They were very helpful and accommodating with our change of plans, and very happy to see us at the end of the vacation.We felt like we were coming home to the family we had yet to meet! You will not find a more friendly and comfortable place to stay in San Pedro Sula!

Room Tip: We had room 8, which was a lovely and spacious room!