“Best place in the area, Excellent service, friendly staff”

Hotel Gran Mediterraneo
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Orlando, Florida
“Best place in the area, Excellent service, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is my 3th stay at the Grand mediterráneo, the staff very friendly and willing to help you, the bed is nice and comfortable, the bed sheet is clean and soft, room and bathroom very spacious, the food is fresh and deliciously made, the chef have a great international touch, elevator and general common areas always very clean. Mr. Gustavo offer a nice smile and provide secure transfer to the airport for a fee, it is 20 minutes one way.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tisdale, Saskatchewan
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is located in a dangerous area of the city. When we arrived there was nowhere to park...apparently the hotel was hosting a meeting and the parking lot was full! We were told to park down the street and haul our suitcases in this dangerous area. (4 women). We finally received our keys and went to the room. The keys did not work so I went back downstairs. They then informed us that their keys need to be put in upside down. The room was nothing special and had nothing that would make me call it a suite....no fridge, no separate room etc. I have stayed in better hotels in SPS for 1/2 the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aimhonduras
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was a last minute holiday & we managed to find this place through sheer luck. It was great hotel with friendly staff. The rooms were a bit more basic than I was expecting but they were spotless & the bed was so comfy I could have slept all week! We ate there for 2 nights & on both occassions the choice was good & the taste even better. I would particularly like to mention the receptionist who helped us arrange a few days & evenings out & made our stay feel more special. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My son's trip was re-routed through San Pedro Sula at the last minute, so I consulted Tripadvisor and booked a room at the Gran Mediterraneo. I called the hotel to see if they had an airport shuttle and was told that George was available to pick up my son. I was worried that my son would have a hard time finding his way around the airport, but George was waiting for him right outside Customs holding a sign with his name.

I want to thank the woman at the front desk who was so gracious when I called four times to see if my son had arrived and thanks also to George for getting him safely to and from the airport.

My son was only in the hotel for eight hours to sleep, but he said the place was beautiful and the air conditioning worked great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just came back from my trip in San Pedro Sula with my husband and we stayed at Hotel Gran Mediterraneo. I must say, I was truly impressed with this hotel. The architecture is mediterranean style, it has a beautiful pool and the most comfortable of rooms. Customer service is exquisite, as the staff tries to meet each one of your desires. We felt safe, ate amazing food and made great friends in the hotel. Overall, an amazing experience! We would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2013
Hodges, AL
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We spent a week at the Gran Mediteraneo. The staff from the owner to the waiter in the restaurant to the desk and even the security guard were great. The breakfast was outstanding. The owners took time to greet us and talk to us each day. We had such a great experience that we have determined that this is the hotel that we will stay in each time we return to San Pedro Sula. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in San Pedro Sula.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Beavercreek, OH
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel was beautiful, staff was excellent, safe, ac and hot water always worked, Would stay here again. Was close to everything. Also included breakfast, which was full menu, not just rolls and coffee.

• Stayed March 2013
Copantl Hotel & Convention Center
Gran Hotel Sula
Gran Hotel Sula
#22 of 37 in San Pedro Sula

Been to Hotel Gran Mediterraneo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Gran Mediterraneo

Property: Hotel Gran Mediterraneo
Address: Barrio Guamilito 4 avenida 6 calle | una cuadra arriba de La Prensa, San Pedro Sula CT1100, Honduras (Formerly Clarion Suites Mediterraneo)
Location: Honduras > Cortes Department > San Pedro Sula
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Gran Mediterraneo 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Gran Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.