“Improving”

Holiday Inn Express San Pedro Sula
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel a couple of months ago and for my surprise during this week visit, there were some good improvements, the express breakfast improved greatly, now there is a better and more variety of food, also for my surprise they placed at the gym a complete gym for strength and a good dumbbells set.
Definitively I will remain staying at this hotel as some more things are coming ahead.!!!
Nice experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Berquin S

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express San Pedro Sula this week. Overall, the best of the hotels I have stayed at in various visits to the city. I had a corner room on the 8th floor, very large, comfortable bed, excellent internet connection, excellent air conditioning, and nice large safety deposit box. Good housekeeping service. Only negative in the room was the water pressure in the bathroom, which was not as good as I would have expected for the level of hotel. Breakfast was also a bit disappointing - only fresh fruit offered was apples and bananas - why no freshly sliced papaya, pineapple, water melon, etc? Location of the hotel is good, fairly quiet, and near to a couple of shopping malls and plenty of 'chain' restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank El-Yuca-Ingles
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Visited SPS on business with a colleague and found Holiday Inn Express to be the perfect location to suit our needs. The hotel is new and the rooms are clean. Mario at the front desk/night audit was very pleasant and helpful. My only complaint is that Housekeeping did not clean my room one day and another day they took all the dirty towels and did not put back clean ones.

We did not try the breakfast, but heard from others it was not so great.

Thanks Mario.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I traveled here on business, I have been in SPS four times and I wanted to change hotels because the one I previously stayed at was very outdated. I arrived on a Sunday afternoon, they sent a taxi cab to pick me up, and gave me a friendly welcome. The problem started when I got hungry after I arrived. The hotel does not have a restaurant on site and even though there are several (if not many) places to eat near, the hotel is situated in a very busy area, not safe for anybody to walk at night, too many vehicles and not too many people walking on the streets. They do have a food delivery service from many restaurants that is overpriced. I decided to walk and get me some dinner but I would not do it again. After that day, I picked up my food after visiting my vendors and stayed at the hotel. The free breakfast is Americanized, imagine! In the land of the fresh fruit and coffee plantations galore, they did not have any fruit available and the coffee was mediocre. However, the orange juice was great. Their energy saving rooms were neat, guests have to use the room key to turn the lights and AC on and off. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful, I needed a driver to take me to my visits and they found me a very honest one.

I will not go back because of the location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chiki2399
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I felt very welcome and the staff was very friendly, but once you scratched the surface it was not the way I prefer traveling, the question on where to go eating was answered, with we have a catering partner and a menu handed out that was having items with little to no trustworthiness, and I didn't wanted to be the guinea pig ... next morning, so called breakfast! It is a shame that all around grow best fruit and all you get is preprocessed and conserved food, maximum treatment microwave heated scrambled eggs ... As clean and nicely located it is, this is the perfect example when you destroy with your butt what you build with your hands ... sorry folks!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pedro Sula, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Support-Klaus,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm delighted you found our staff friendly and truly pleased our location suited you well. I'm sorry the food served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you taking the time to share your thoughts and we hope to have the honor of hosting you and your team again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 7, 2012

San Pedro Sula is known for its "Hot Spots" but this hotel is conveniently situated close to the City Mall in a very safe area - just a few steps away from the main hearth of the city. The staff is quiet not overly friendly like other places but nice and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Their energy saving rooms are great you have to use your room key to get the energy going - so it's not that the AC was not working.
The breakfast so ok.... not the best but ok and the internet speed was GREAT!
Recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ProudGrigalizean
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Everything at the Holiday Inn Express of San Pedro Sula was excellent, except for their breakfast.
The food was tasteless, cold and there was no variety.
All that styrofoam they use seems very unsustainable, I doubt that Honduras has places to recycle code 6 products.

• Stayed: April 2012