Hotel Casa del Arbol Galerias
All reviewslocal womenmeeting roomtop floora great staysafe areaexcellent hotelboutique hotelcityhondurassulasps
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The room was nice and clean and the daily breakfast was delicious. What really sets this hotel apart is the very friendly staff and excellent service that you can't get at a bigger hotel. Located near the Galerias mall, many restaurants and shops are close by. I always felt safe which can't easily be said in much of San Pedro. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be returning when business brings me back to Honduras.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Brill380
sdonaldo, Manager at Hotel Casa del Arbol Galerias, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you Brill! We really appreciate the review. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Roatan and see you on your next visit!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Appearances are deceptive! We arrived late at night & having been advised by our travel agent to get a take away dinner en route from the airport. The front looked like a shop's window, but once inside the door there was an entrance hall and someone came to check us in. We went through an open courtyard complete with large tree, up a flight of stairs to our room which was spacious and the bed comfortable. It was all we needed for the night. The bathroom was fine and the shower worked well. Breakfast was perfectly adequate. In daylight we saw how charming this place was from the courtyard set with tables & chairs. Very acceptable for the one night we spent there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are currently remodeling the outside walls to make our hotel experience ever better. We hope to see you again soon in San Pedro Sula.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

First I should say that we stayed at the Casa del Arbol - Centro. As noted in other posts, there are two. This hotel is build around a large mango tree, which adds a great deal of charm. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff are very friendly. The breakfast was not great, but ok.

My complaint relates to check-in/check-out experience. Check-in was ok, but check-out was a disaster. Unfortunately, we had a early flight and needed to leave the hotel around 5:30 a.m. The gentleman checking us out was unable to cope. When we checked out, the phone line to process the credit card was down. He kept swiping and swiping my card - for about 10 minutes. He did not know how to handle the situation and refused to call a taxi. We had to "strongly insist" that he call a cab immediately. Still unable to cope, I had to go around the counter and fill out the credit card slip and explain to him how to check me out and charge my card...basically, I had to check myself out and teach the desk clerk how to do his job.

In the end, my card was charged the correct amount with no further hassle. I would recommend that the hotel train (or retrain) this individual. Other than this minor incident, it's a good hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
sdonaldo, Manager at Hotel Casa del Arbol Galerias, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for you recommendation and we are glad you stay was satisfactory overall. We do apologize for the inconvenience and have retrained our staff member. We are confident this incident wont happen again and we encourage you to visit us again if you are ever in San Pedro. Safe travels!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed here a few nights during our exploration of Honduras. The staff was very helpful and arranged for a cab driver to pick us up at the airport at 1am. The room was beautiful, large, clean and perfect. The location was great for walking around San Pedro Sula and exploring the market, parque, and cathedral. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

We are very happy to know you have a good stay with us and that you found everything to your liking. We will continue to provide a personalized service on your next visit to San Pedro!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Few hotels offer excellent price-quality-service!!! This is what this hotel does, although from the photos or when you first enter the hotel, you will not have that impression. Service: the best I have ever had in any hotel, truly impressive, and from all all staff! Rooms are just great (beds super comfortable), roomy enough, very well equipped, all clean and tidy, fabulous!! All the social and ecological involvement of the hotel is very important to mention.
Food is the only one I think should improve.. especially dinner in a weekend or variety for vegetarians.
Thank you Donaldo jnr, thank you all!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tiana_Sus

Thank you Gentiana for those kind words!! We feel very fortunate to have had you and the entire group for those couple of weeks. We will try to incorporate some vegetarian friendly dishes in our menu and we hope to see you soon again!