“Impressive” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Edmonton, Canada
“Impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I and my wife stayed at the La Casa del Arbol Galerias in San Pedro Sula on several occassions between July 8 - July 30 this year. We were really impressed with the facilities at the hotel, and with its immaculate cleanliness, and above all the hospitality of the owners/managers Donaldo and Dora Suazo. There is WiFi thoughout the hotel. It would beat any five star hotel in north America. It was a real treat to stay at the hotel.
The front desk staff was very friendly; the kitchen staff provided food even in the late hours in the evening when the kitchen was officially closed.
I would highly recommend this hotel, without any hesitation.
Prem & Devi Kharbanda, Edmonton, Canada.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Our mission team of 15 spent our last night here, after an 8 day medical mission trip into the mountains of central Honduras bWhat a wonderful place. Hot showers, big tubs, and "real" beds were appreciated by all.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank leelee5876
sdonaldo, Gerente at Hotel Casa del Arbol Galerias, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review!! We are very happy to know your group had a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again soon!!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I recently traveled to Honduras to visit a few friends and had the pleasure of staying for a few nights at Casa del Arbol. The eco-friendly hotel had affordable, yet comfortable accommodations and was very centrally located within San Pedro Sula. The manager on staff, Donaldo, was super friendly and very proactive in sharing things that I might enjoy doing within and around the city. I'd like to highlight that given that he studied his undergrad in the States he was very attuned to my concerns and interest as an American tourist. Having someone who spoke my language and understood my background was a huge plus.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a lovely view of the surrounding Merendon.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am a seasoned traveler and need to travel at least twice a year to San Pedro Sula. This past summer I stayed at La Casa del Arbol Galerias for the time and quite honestly I don’t think I will stay anywhere else from now on. Casa del Arbol Galerias is definitively a five start hotel at a price of two. First, rooms are immaculate organized and bathrooms are amazingly clean and sanitized. Second, every detail throughout the hotel seems to have been thought carefully, from the amazing paintings in the rooms, corridors and the lobby to the layout of the entire building which seems to follow quite a unique theme of whites, grays and unique paintings and colorful clay pots. Most of the paintings are made by local women and the emphasis is on texture and basic colors rather than landscapes or images which create such a powerful yet peaceful ambiance hard to describe! Third, it is amazing how the hotel staff and its management go totally out of their way to make one feel so comfortable –I don’t think they know the word ‘no’, as they always find some sort of solution to your requests, including giving me free samples of their own handpicked, rain forest coffee (which by the way is amazing!). Four, their hacienda style breakfast (eggs, fried beans, cream, etc.) feels so fresh and “out-of-the-oven” that one almost feels one is in a little lost town somewhere in Copan Ruins or the interior of the country. And finally, there is Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, bus service, and 24 hour security guards and surveillance which is so vital for a city like San Pedro. What a memorable stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at Casa del Arbol. It was a memorable stay. I liked the Eco-Friendly environment throughout the hotel. The room was spacious with good a/c, large flat screen TV which included most US channels; the view from the balcony at sun set was out of this world. Breakfast is included plus they provide great fresh coffee during the day. As an experience coffee drinker, this is one coffee you will really appreciate. In addition, there is Wi-Fi, Mini-Bus service anywhere in the city. I went out every night and for a reasonable fee they provided transportation with a driver and a phone call away for pick up. Management is very friendly and sometimes you have to be careful when you express your wishes because they will try to go out of their way to please you. On my second night I was coming from one of my dinners with some friends and met the general manger in the lobby, Mr. Donaldo Suazo. In passing I sort of mentioned that I enjoyed red wine but could not find in the city, especially from the Rioja region, Spain. Next day I found a bottle of Pesquera, one of my favorites, in my room. Needless to say, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting San Pedro Sula in Honduras.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rocky River, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Casa del Arbol, Jardines for a stay over prior to and following our Roatan Island, Honduras trip. We were very nervous about the stay, despite great reviews, due to the crime in the city. We took a taxi from the airport (25-30 dollars), a 25 minute drive.

The hotel was clean, immaculate, but the most notable thing was the service. The staff went out of their way to help us...on our way home, we arrived prior to check in time, and they helped us order food to be delivered to the hotel, and even provided us with fresh lemonaide. They even had someone get some breakfast ready for us at 4:45 am, prior to the taxi pick up time of 5:00 am! The staff made you feel at home and took great care of us!

There is a nice mall with several food choices, within walking distance of the hotel and several of our trip members felt safe walking there during the daytime.

Great hot breakfast, typical of Honduras: eggs, beans, cheese, and toast/peanut butter, fresh fruit, cereal, and fresh juices/cappucino.

I would prefer to take a direct flight from Houston to Roatan in the future, but if you happen to need the layover, this is the place to be! We had two rooms, a triple (which was full size beds and a single bed!) and a double (which was two double beds!). Beds were comfortable, with air conditioning in the room.

The local artists, and art displayed was worthy of taking a tour on all levels of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I understand from previous reviews that there are two locations for this hotel - the one we stayed at was located at 6 avenida Barrio Guamilito.
We stayed here for one night on our arrival in Honduras - the room was clean and comfortable although it hadn't been prepared for us as there was no water and only one bath towel. The water was delivered quite quickly but the towel took a bit longer and I got the feeling that the Receptionist was on her own and not too sure about where everything was.
There is no restaurant at the hotel but the staff offered to order something to be delivered from a nearby restaurant but we weren't hungry, just tired from our long flight.
Continental breakfast is provided and was reasonable although it was buffet style and once something had been eaten, no one replaced it so you need to get up early if you want a choice.
It's a very attractive hotel and I wonder if we were just unfortunate and visited on a night when there were few staff around. I'd probably visit again if I had to stay overnight.
It has a lovely tree growing up through the building.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple