“Late arrival - no problem!”

Guesthouse Dos Molinos B&B
Ranked #1 of 43 San Pedro Sula B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My fiance and I were scheduled to arrive at San Pedro Sula's airport at mid-night. I don't like getting into an unfamiliar city after dark and needed a safe, secure ride from the airport. Luis was very engaged and communicative with the arrival time. They sent an email saying that he would wait for us before we even knew that our flight was delayed. 1am, no problem. It was a warm welcome to Honduras. The next morning during the complimentary breakfast we lined up a ride to the bus station, no problem. No extra charge for going to the bus station. Thanks a million!
Nate Smith - Washington D.C.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Guesthouse Dos Molinos B&B

Reviewed July 18, 2012

First the host will collect you from the bus station and bring you back for FREE, they have wifi and also let you use the kitchen. They are a lovely warm family and will help and give advice when they can.
I stayed for 1 night while waiting to travel to bay islands

everything was clean and the room was a good size with TV, bathroom and air con or a fan (can't remember which)

the bed was also comfy

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This place is way better than Tamarindo and more reasonable too!!
I have been travelling through San Pedro for 3 years now and in my experience, Dos Molinos beats Tamarindo hands down.
The owner will pick you up FOR FREE from the bus station (to get to Tamarindo in a taxi can cost $15 each way which does not make Tamarindo a cheaper place to stay in the end) and drop you back FOR FREE also. If you want to get to the airport, he will take you there for rates cheaper than a taxi.
The rooms at Dos Molinos are impeccable, the cleanest I have experienced. A fan, cable TV, water refills and a good breakfast and coffee are INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE ROOM (which is $15pp).
If you add up all these things, staying at Dos Molinos is probably the same price, if not cheaper than Tamarindo and you get your own room! What could be better than that!!
The location of Dos Molinos

Room Tip: They are all pretty equal.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelmad25
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed overnight with Luis and his wife when we arrived in San Pedro Sula recently. We had been warned not to travel on to our destination, Tela, after 6pm so booked into Dos Molinos on the recommendation of a locally based contact who uses this B&B regularly. After all the warnings we were enormously reassured to be met by a friendly face as we emerged with our bags. Luis both picked us up at the airport ($15 for the two of us) and brought us to the bus station next morning. His van is rather battered, it's true, but certainly no more than other cars and taxis I travelled in during our two weeks in Honduras! The accomodation is simple but clean and our room was quiet. The air-conditioning was rather underpowered. We had a pleasant breakfast next morning, chatting to the other guests, before Luis took us to the bus station in good time for our bus to Tela. Dos Molinos clearly intends to provide an efficient and friendly transit service to travellers passing through a city with a daunting reputation for violence and succeeds in this very well.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aominedinburgh
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at Dos Molinos, heading to Utila.
Blanca and Luis were the finest people I can imagine!
Luis picked me up from the airport and 2 weeks later from the busstation, as I was going to/coming back from Utila.
The rooms are basic but very clean!
If I would ever stay in SAP again, I would definitely stay at there place!
Pick up from the airport and from the busstation were great!

Thank you again Blanca and Luis!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Luis and Blanca might be nive but the habitation is pretty average for the price asked when reserved on internet. There was no key available for the room and the owner entered our room when we were out to turn of the A/C. Also, we woke up early with a coakcroach as a new friend in the room! So pretty average!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Luis and Blanca are the best, they always take care of me and remember me. I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Honduras and would always stay with them and have since been back to visit Honduras and they still welcome me as if I were an old friend. They are also very pet friendly, they helped me when I took my cat to the states and when I took my dog to Utila and the states. They are super helpful and knowledgeable about San Pedro and the bus and airplane schedules and are always willing to do whatever possible to make your stay the best.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window, there are a couple without and they tend to get very hot without the ai...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo