The setting for this basic lodge is set upon the Cangrejal River, just outside La Ceiba, Honduras. Absolutely a great place to absorb the jungle, participate in a range of outdoor activities, swim in the river or lounge in one of their natural pools. The rooms are average and shared bathrooms are clean.
There are two drawbacks which should be taken into account:
1) since you are removed from town/restaurants, you are almost forced to have all your meals on-site, which can get rather expensive. And the meals are average - at best.
2) management neglect to inform guests that they tack on a 16% 'hospitality' tax; which seems a little mysterious to me.
All in all, a great stay but is not budget friendly. Some of their activities are well priced (e.g. rafting & canopy); i recommend the rafting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle River is a natural escape from the City and we offer diferents tours option, bar, restaurant, and rock pools.best option in La Ceiba for relaxing. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Jungle River Hotel La Ceiba
- Jungle River Lodge Honduras/La Ceiba