We stayed at the Palma Real Beach Resort in Honduras from February 27 - March 6 2006. I found it to be an enjoyable vacation.
While I would agree that the hotel would be better rated as a three star hotel, we didn't encounter any of the problems I am reading people complain about. Maybe considering how cheap the vacation is we didn't have very high expectations and ended up being pleasantly surprised. The rooms are comfortable. We never had a problem with hot water, we had fresh towels everyday, and beach towels - given out near the pool - were always fully stocked. We did upgrade and stay in the newer part of the hotel (Beach not Caribe), for an extra $75 it is definetly worth it.
While the food gets a little boring after a week, it is better than we eat on an average week at home.
There are some glitches in the operation of the hotel, but nothing you wouldn't expect in a country like Honduras, which doesn't have the experience in tourism that Mexico or Cuba has. I felt that everyone who worked at the hotel tried their best, even after working very long days.
Having lived and travelled extensivly through the caribbean, I found Honduras to be a beautiful country, I think that the largest part of the charm to this trip was the fact that Honduras is not a tourist hot spot. If you are looking to be constantly entertained this is probably not the trip for you. If you want some peace and quiet and to explore Honduras without being stuck in the middle a pack of dozens of tourists, I highly recommend it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Palma Real Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palma Real Beach Resort And Villas
- Palma Real Beach Resort & Villas Hotel La Ceiba
- Palma Real Beach Hotel
- Palma Real Honduras
- Palma Real Beach La Ceiba
- Palma Real Hotel Honduras
- Palma Real La Ceiba
- Palma Real Beach Resort & Villas Honduras/La Ceiba