We had a wonderful visit last week, as part of the group from Victor Emanuel Nature Tours. Right on the grounds, so many life birds (Tawny-winged Woodcreeper, Black-throated Shrike-Tanager, and Sunbittern among them!) as well as hundreds of old feathered friends. Our cabin was beautiful: hardwood floors, updated bathroom, ample closet and storage space. The bathrobes and slippers were a nice touch. We thoroughly enjoyed having a little gecko patrolling the shower, whom we promptly named "Shower Dude". Screens and shutters on the windows let us adjust air flow to our liking. We slept most nights with the shutters open and just the ceiling fans on, although the A/C was helpful when we came back from our long birding treks. The food was delicious, with a very nice selection for every meal. I'm glad we stayed 6 nights, as we were able to try nearly every menu item of interest and then enjoy our favorites again on our last day. Back at home, the scale is still reminding me of all those desserts we savored! Our local guide, German, was an excellent bird spotter. It was thanks to him that we found the Sunbittern at the "frog pond" near Tower 1. The staff were quite helpful with any requests we had, and seemed to melt into the background otherwise. It was such a treat to sit on the porch or take meals outside, watching the agoutis and myriad bird species visiting the feeders and flowers. We walked all sorts of trails, enjoying the forest sound, birds and critters. At night, falling asleep to the hoots of owls and little squeaks of Shower Dude was idyllic. Umbrellas were available at every cabin and the common areas, which were quite helpful for those drenching downpours that popped up occasionally. We've been dreaming of coming to The Lodge at Pico Bonito ever since we first became serious birders. It was everything we hoped for and more. What a sweet introduction to your beautiful country!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the foot of the Pico Bonito National Park, The Lodge at Pico Bonito seamlessly combines nature and luxurious comfort. The luxury eco-lodge located on the Caribbean coast of Honduras near La Ceiba is a member ofSmall Luxury Hotels of the World. The Lodge offers the adventure of the outdoors, the beauty of the rainforest, and the personal service and luxury of a boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Pico Bonito Hotel La Ceiba
- Hotel At Pico Bonito
- At Pico Bonito Hotel
- The Lodge And Spa At Pico Bonito Honduras/La Ceiba