The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito
Hotel Casa de Espana(La Ceiba)(Great Value!)
$50
$65
$54
  • Breakfast included
$56
Omega Tours Eco Jungle Lodge(La Ceiba)(Great Value!)
$42
  • Breakfast included
$105
$84
Hotels.com
$67
$61
Hotels.com
Hotel El Estadio(La Ceiba)(Great Value!)
$24
$83
$45
Travelocity
$156
All reviewsthe looppico bonitonight hikecuero y saladobutterfly farmbird watchingbird guidespa treatmentsthe riverwelcome drinkfalls hikegreat potooindividual cabinsstandard cabinnature lovershowler monkeyswonderful visit
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is the best hotel I've stayed in.
The staff, specially the one in the restaurant and the guides, go out of their way to help you.
The setting is breathtaking, the hikes, the river, the jungle I mean I absolutely enjoy it, the one thing I regret is not staying longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Gabriel C, General Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Friends,
We appreciate your good comments. Our mission is to make your stay memorable by making the ordinary extraordinary. We are delighted to know that we have accomplished it.
We hope that you will make us a preferred destination in your travels, and return to our little piece of paradise.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a few night before heading to Guanaja and we loved it. It is so beautiful and peaceful here. The room are great, big and clean. We did a hike to the waterfall which was also amazing. The food was always great too. Would definitely recommend this place to friends an family.

• Stayed: January 2013
Gabriel C, General Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was there last month every thing was good except the very bad experience was a mouse with they baby inthe bed I call the front desk they chance the bed but the problem was not only one was more animals I call they change my cabin because i told them I living the place they never apologized only the lady work a the front desk

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gabriella P
Gabriel C, General Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Gabriella,

Thank you for your comments. First and foremost, I apologize for the incident of finding a mouse in your cabin.
I’m sure it was not a pleasant situation and we are doing our best to remedy these kinds of unwelcome visits.
You are cordially invited to enjoy a complementary night at the Lodge on your next visit.
On behalf of our staff and myself, please accept our most sincere apologies.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at The Lodge at Pico Bonito and had a great time. While it is known as one of the top birding destinations in the world, you don't have to be a "birder" to appreciate all the divers wildlife and beauty that surrounds you. The grounds are beautiful and blend naturally into the forest. The loop trail is an easy walk with plenty of flora and fauna to keep your senses stimulated.

I highly recommend a visit to Cuero y Salado as it is teaming with wildlife. Elmer was our very skilled and friendly guide. In just a few hours we saw monkeys, bats, lizards, a crocodile, a snake, three types of heron, trogan, kingfishers and more. Wear long pants and bring bug spray, one with deet! The ride to and from the reserve was a on a little train built in 1925 and it gives you an opportunity to see the locals in La Ceiba and some of the open farm land.

Also, you must take a guide around the trails. We had Joel take us on a night tour and he spotted so many things that I would have walked right by, including a pregnant lizard, frogs, spiders and a bunch of other awesome jungle critters. The highlight was when I said I would really like to see an owl and he, and I am totally serious, made a few calls and a female owl answered from across the lodge and a male landed on the branch above us. I called him "The Owl Whisperer"! AMAZING!!

Everyone on the staff were great. They all seemed genuinely happy to be there and are all quick to welcome you with a smile. James, one of the lodge's managers, is an expert at wildlife and will help you identify many of the animals you are likely to encounter. Orlando in the restaurant was so helpful and pleasant every morning and Danilo was the same for dinner service. The menu could use a little more variation with maybe some daily local specials, but everything was really good. The fish ceviche was excellent and they had the best homemade salsa. The beers were icy cold which was much needed during the hot afternoon. The French pressed coffee was also a great way to get going in the morning. The restaurant was also a nice place to just relax and enjoy the beautiful and colorful gardens while the hummingbirds zip around you.

The rooms was also great. The bed was very comfortable and housekeeping did an amazing job.
The fans kept it cool and it was nice to keep the blinds open to enjoy the passing rainstorm.

Thanks!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NOSNED

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Lodge at Pico Bonito is one of the most amazing places we have ever visited. As soon as you arrive you are given a welcoming drink to enjoy. The scenery is indescribable! We loved sitting outside the restaurant watching the hummingbirds, and looking at the beautiful garden and mountains. The cabins are really nice and comfortable, even the ones without a/c. Each cabin also has a porch with a hammock. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The views from the top of the mountain and the river are incredible! We wished the lunch and dinner menus would have included more traditional meals, however, everything we ate was delicious. This is a very nice place to relax. If you are a little adventurous like we were, the staff will arrange for activities both onsite and offsite like zip-lining through the rainforest, guided or unguided mountain hiking, or going for a swim in the river. You will feel like you are in paradise when visiting the Lodge at Pico Bonito. We can't wait to come back! We recommend this amazing place to everyone who visits Honduras! It's a great place for a honeymoon, or just to get away from the city life.

Room Tip: Cabins without a/c are comfortable even during the summer. No need to upgrade to cabins with a/c.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa_and_Gerardo
Gabriel C, General Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013