“Perfect layover ”
Review of Hotel El Estadio

Hotel El Estadio
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I came to El Estadio when one of the other hostel's in town was completely locked up and vacant ... at 3 in the afternoon. The hostel had superb wifi, a desktop computer for free use, a small bar, and a tv. The dorms were pretty standard and every guest is given a fresh towel and a bar of soap. The washroom on the main floor is a little small, but I saw one of the washrooms upstairs and it was definitely more spacious.
The best part of this hostel is how accommodating the owner and his workers are. He offers taxi rides for a small fee and drove me to my 5am bus departure with enthusiasm. There were two British guys staying at the same time as me and were quite keen on watching a 6 am football match. The game wasn't on Honduran cable ... Surprise, but Peter linked the television up to the internet and had the game on for them in minutes. He also insisted we go to the final Honduran football match later that day at the stadium next door. The football game was so much fun and has come to be a highlight of my entire trip. Great customer service and excellent place if you're waiting for a bus or ferry.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were apprehensive at first because of the area but the hotel was clean and the owner Peter went out of his way to cater to us. Was very inexpensive and the cab driver who was a friend of the owner came back to take us to the ferry to go to Utila at 7:30 am. I would stay there again. Met some nice travelers there also.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The Hotel is very nice. Everything is clean and the staff is friendly. I stayed in the dorm. Even there towels and soap are provided. Even if it is houtside the rooms are always cool because of the AC. Peter is very friendly and helps you out if you have any question. By the way, Peter, if you read this, i have safely arrived in San Pedro, Adonis is a sincere and funny guy.
I`m looking forward to get back someday,
Robin from Germany

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I traveled in march 2014 from rio dulce, and arrived at night.
Chains on the door, and locks were enough to tell u about the safety here.
The guys running the place r super nice, treated me just like a friend visioning, great advice on where to go and when. There is a computer in the lobby, so perfect if u just like me have been disconnected for a while.
The dorm was clean. Only one path room down stairs, so shower early :)
All in all, good stop to go to Utila.
Nothing really to do around there, creepy streets and seems not that safe.

Stayed: April 2014
hotelestadio, Owner at Hotel El Estadio, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Hey fans how is it going ? Peter here again paying my dues, the reason why we have a lock on the gate at all times is because we're in a 3rd world country Honduras & we're responsible for your safety so i rather be safe than sorry, also this state of mind is the reason why no unusual stuff has ever happened in our history of running this business and may i add that i also live in the hotel. Also we're located right next to the city's international soccer stadium on a commercial zone ave, lights everywhere,how dodgy can this be? By the way to all our backpacker fans per your request we now have new lockers in our designated dorm rooms this add an extra layer of safety....See u soon mates....

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I arrived at El Estadio in the beginning of the morning, tired of riding my motorbike for the last 3 days! Unfortunately all the rooms were booked. They only had dorm beds available, so I took that. The dorm was nice and clean, they even provided clean towels and a fresh bar of soap! Love that!

Pete, the owner took me on a tour to a place close to La Ceiba were you could do a zip line canopy tour, dip in hot mineral springs and get an awesome massage. Except for the zip line the massage en hot springs were exactly what I needed!

The next day I went to Isla Utila for a week and Pete arranged for my bike to be parked next door. Behind a fence next to the church. Because I didn't have a chain with me Pete bought one himself and chained my bike. That was really cool, he made a effort to keep my bike save while I was away!

El Estadio is a great place to stay! And if you like soccer, it is next door to the stadium! I saw a great match there!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This place is cozy and laid back, but still professional. This place has hot showers, air conditioning and clean rooms. It is a very safe place to rest your head and in a great location. It is right next to the futbol stadium which seems to have weekly games on Saturday nights. It is also a short walk to "downtown" where there is all the shopping for food, and supplies needed, plus snorkeling gear. Peter was very helpful in setting up a boat to/from Cayos Cochinos and a ride to/from Sambo Creek (30min away) where the boat dock was. The islands were hard to stay away from and that is why I had to go back for a second time. The reefs are truly beautiful for snorkeling and the locals are very kind and welcoming. Next time I am in Honduras, this is where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2014

just stayed at hotel el estadio a few weeks ago. after an all day bus ride from copan we got to la ceiba and it was already dark. we had booked a room for the night at hotel el estadio. i had emailed them to see about gettin there from the bus station but never got to check to see if there was a reply. we got off the bus and started to check out the taxi situation and peter from the hotel was waiting there to pick us up. that was awesome, he was super nice and it was a short ride to the hotel. when we got there everyone was super nice, the hotel was totally safe. it is right next to the soccer stadium and there was a game about to start and it was great people watching from their balconey. we were gonna go to the game but it started to rain realy hard so we decided to eat instead. we asked about a place to eat and they called a place to bring us takeout bbq chicken. the room was ok, shower good, the next morning they gave us a ride to the ferry dock. it was a short but enjoyable stay. would stay there again no problem...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple