All reviews every meal zip lining private chef waterfall repelling white water rafting big waterfall min hike hot sauce the river grand cayman stunning place jungle style my mouth is watering spectacular scenery perfect combination of relaxation long weekend private home
Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

Truly one of the most amazing holidays ever. Only an hour flight from grand cayman & it's like a different world.
The lodge is set in the jungle & surrounded by waterfalls. It was stunning. There's various chairs, hammocks & loungers placed around the grounds and we spent a lot of time just sitting watching the waterfalls & jungle.
From our super comfortable, massive bed we could see one of the waterfalls & the noise was just so relaxing. The landscaping in the grounds was brilliant. Little paths here and there. Lovely bright flowers. Everywhere you looked you were enchanted.
The lodge itself was brilliant too. Great big bed. A day bed. Big comfy chairs. A big bath and a massive outdoor shower. They thought of everything. Lights everywhere. A safe for valuables. Robes & slippers. Fresh, clean towels. The whole place was so clean all the time- it was impressive.
Olvin was a superstar. He cooked (along with Myra) our 3 meals a day. We didn't have 1 bad meal. Anything you asked for wasn't a problem. We ate & drank like kings. He also took us on a hike which was great. He was so confident & knowledgable it really made the hike a great experience.
We were never hassled or pressured to do activities or buy anything. It was a very laid back place.
Booking was so easy. Ryan always replied really quickly.
We went just as a couple for our honeymoon and it was ideal. Very romantic. But we're also keen to go back with friends. We think it would be great lodge to go as a group too.
There's chess & board games for the evenings & plenty of booze at the bar to enjoy.
Absolutely fabulous- Hope to go back ASAP!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
lascascadaslodge, Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2017

Thank you Jane! I am so happy that your trip went well and that you had such a great time with Olvin and Maira!

Reviewed January 23, 2017

My family and I have travelled to some of the most beautiful places in the world. Jungles, beaches, dive resorts and mountain lodges. When we approached Las Cascades we were in disbelief at it's beauty. Looking in every direction at the flowers, landscape, butterflies and gorgeous lodge, we really couldn't get over how perfect it was. Inside we agreed it was the nicest room, and most gorgeous lodge we'd ever been in. We stayed for a few days and can't wait to return. The food and staff were great. We did a big hike and swam in the waterfalls. We're planning a return trip next Christmas break.

Room tip: Every room was gorgeous. We saw the others in the main lodge as our friends were there too. Our room was in a separate cabin.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Ryanmanager, General Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you Betty!

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

What an amazing place! Luxurious accommodation surrounded by the most beautiful scenery. The staff were second to none. They made us feel so welcome and made our trip effortless. Extremely accommodating and friendly. We did the canyoning and the white water rafting which were both amazing experiences. The food was outstanding. We've been all around the world and this is now our favourite place. Perfect place to get away from it all. Great place to relax or have adventures or both. Great value too!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks Colm!

Reviewed January 21, 2017

I recently (1/9/2017) stayed at Las Cascadas Lodge in Honduras with friends. It was a magical vacation. The waterfall was right outside my window and I fell asleep to the sounds or the falling water. So peaceful. I am type A and I have never been so relaxed.
Ryan was our guide and the lodge manager. He is fantastic. He and the chef Olvin went out of their way to make our stay perfect. The food was always excellent and fresh and presentation delightful. There were no bugs just a beautiful hike and lots of waterfalls throughout the area. If you are looking for a jungle adventure vacation you should visit this place.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AdventureLifeTonic
lascascadaslodge, Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2017

Thanks so much P, we loved having you here and I was so happy that your first trip 'away' in a while was here at the lodge where we could do some relaxing stuff and ease into your vacation! Your pics from Roatan looked great as well! Thank you again for such nice sentiments!

Reviewed January 18, 2017

I stayed here for the first time in the beginning of 2017 and had the most amazing experience. I'm writing this review for all of the staff that worked so hard to make my stay a 5 star experience. First off, the grounds are beautifully maintained and the rooms all have waterfall views. The tours are also excellent, I absolutely loved canyoning down the lodge's private waterfalls as well as the other tours we did in the area. The food is also outstanding, Olvin prepares something different every meal and each one tastes better than the last. I was very sad to be leaving this place but I will definitely be returning soon.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
lascascadaslodge, Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Thank you very much Maddy, it was great to meet you and sorry you fell out rafting :-) Ha ha but very nice all around. See you again and thanks for the great review!