All reviews every meal zip lining private chef waterfall repelling white water rafting big waterfall min hike hot sauce the river grand cayman stunning place jungle style my mouth is watering spectacular scenery perfect combination of relaxation long weekend private home
Reviewed January 21, 2017

I recently (1/9/2017) stayed at Las Cascadas Lodge in Honduras with friends. It was a magical vacation. The waterfall was right outside my window and I fell asleep to the sounds or the falling water. So peaceful. I am type A and I have never been so relaxed.
Ryan was our guide and the lodge manager. He is fantastic. He and the chef Olvin went out of their way to make our stay perfect. The food was always excellent and fresh and presentation delightful. There were no bugs just a beautiful hike and lots of waterfalls throughout the area. If you are looking for a jungle adventure vacation you should visit this place.

1  Thank AdventureLifeTonic
lascascadaslodge, Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2017

Thanks so much P, we loved having you here and I was so happy that your first trip 'away' in a while was here at the lodge where we could do some relaxing stuff and ease into your vacation! Your pics from Roatan looked great as well! Thank you again for such nice sentiments!

Reviewed January 18, 2017

I stayed here for the first time in the beginning of 2017 and had the most amazing experience. I'm writing this review for all of the staff that worked so hard to make my stay a 5 star experience. First off, the grounds are beautifully maintained and the rooms all have waterfall views. The tours are also excellent, I absolutely loved canyoning down the lodge's private waterfalls as well as the other tours we did in the area. The food is also outstanding, Olvin prepares something different every meal and each one tastes better than the last. I was very sad to be leaving this place but I will definitely be returning soon.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
lascascadaslodge, Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Thank you very much Maddy, it was great to meet you and sorry you fell out rafting :-) Ha ha but very nice all around. See you again and thanks for the great review!

Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I along with 2 friends spent 4 days at this beautiful lodge. As we arrived, we were greeted by part of the staff; Ryan the general manager, Olvin the Chef, and other staff (can't remember their names). They took our luggage and gave us our room keys. They took us on a grand tour of the main building where we would enjoy the most fabulous meals( I quickly discovered). Our room was incredible, there was an outside shower with two shower heads. The water pressure was fantastic. The bed was so comfortable, from our room you can hear the waterfall that runs through the resort. It is very relaxing.
We signed up for a few excursions and were very pleased that Ryan was very familiar with the ins and outs of what we were to expect. Ryan has been the Manager here for 10 years.

We took an outing in a jeep to see small villages, have lunch in the middle of a river, climb (easy) to a waterfall, enjoy the hot springs and experience a truly laid back relaxing day.
When we arrived back at the Lodge, Olvin had prepared for us a wonderful lunch. I honestly can't figure out how this man hadn't been snatched up by the big hotels or restaurants. Olvin pays such attention to each detail that I would just watch him as he cooked. I seriously didn't want to leave. Breakfast each day consisted of a bowl of fresh fruit, followed by either the typical Honduran breakfast( eggs,cheese,beans,sausage,fresh handmade corn tortillas, Honduran coffee fresh squeezed juice, not to mention the fabulous hibiscus juice).
If you didn't want this breakfast Olvin would prepare you anything you liked.
Lunches and dinners were as incredible.

Never did I feel that we were in any danger, this place has a 24 hour guard on duty with high walls. Ryan took us to La Cieba so that we could buy our plane tickets to fly to Roatan. He took to a safe grocery store, a fabulous shopping Mall. Never did I feel uncomfortable in the areas that we went to.
One night we went to a great restaurant at the beach. The food was fresh and the owners (husband and wife expats from Germany) were so funny and made us feel like we were at home.
This review is truly my heartfelt experience of spending time at Las Cascadas Lodge.
I will be back next year.
Thank you Ryan, Olvin and staff for everything
Tom and Kathy Marsh

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank katharinej2014
lascascadaslodge, Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2017

Thank you very much Kathy! Certainly a mix of wonderful jungle weather we had! It was very nice to have you all here with us and we really appreciate your nice sentiments!

Reviewed January 14, 2017

We staid for two nights celebrating the new year 2017.
Very romantic, excellent stuff, bar, restaurant, hiking, waterfalls, all that in the middle of the jungle (and you feel totally safe there of course )
All food is included. We are a vegan couple and we were not sure if we will have to eat just salads there, but the Olvin the chef made the best food for us!
Our room was perfect, good smell, clean, beautiful shower and quite.
We had a lot of fun, will come beck next year!

Room tip: we got the room with the shower for two under moon light! you can see the stars,its amazing .
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks Tamar! Awesome to meet you two and thank you so much for the lovely review and the words of praise on Chef Olvin!

Reviewed January 11, 2017

I stayed for a week at Las Cascadas and what a week it was! From white water rafting to horseback riding to snorkeling at Cayos Cochinos, it was certainly an adventure. The grounds were beautiful, perfect for relaxing by the pool and rappelling down the waterfalls. The rooms were clean and welcoming, and I always felt safe and cared for due to the incredible staff. Chef Olvin outdid himself - every meal was delicious and Instagram worthy. Ryan led the week with passion, friendliness, and a clear commitment to safety. I will definitely be coming back to this amazing place!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you Natasha! Your words on safety and comfort will help others not miss out on this gem that is Honduras and Las Cascadas Lodge! Great job on all of the activities and thank you again for such nice sentiments!