All reviews every meal zip lining private chef waterfall repelling white water rafting big waterfall min hike hot sauce the river grand cayman stunning place jungle style my mouth is watering spectacular scenery perfect combination of relaxation long weekend private home
Reviewed November 27, 2016

We had the most amazing long weekend as Las Cascadas and I would recommend a stay here to anyone looking for good food, natural beauty, luxury, excitement, adventure and relaxation. This place really has it all.

From first contact Ryan was exceptionally helpful in helping us to arrange our trip and activities via email. He collected the 8 of us from the airport and arranged for Olvin (the amazing chef) to provide snacks on our arrival before arranging for us to have a go at a local ziplining course.

Upon return to the lodge we were treated to a delicious meal and, after enjoying some cocktails made from freshly squeeze local juice, we headed to our beautiful rooms.

The next morning we rose to another wonderful breakfast which was needed for a action packed day of rafting and waterfall descents. The rafting with Omega tours was excellent and we enjoyed a hearty lunch following being out on the river. During the afternoon we started Ryan canyoning/waterfall descents that he offers with chef Olvin. On this day we were only able to do one waterfall due to the weather, but it was well worth it. Some members of our group wanted a more relaxing afternoon, so stayed at the lodge. With natural pools and beautiful surroundings, it is an easy place to enjoy a more sedate trip. Due to rain, those of us that had gone out, had to head back to the lodge where we enjoyed another delicious dinner.

The following day our group split between horseback riding and mountain biking. Both activities were organised by Ryan and enjoyed by everyone. It was a great way to see Honduran villages, picturesque scenery and fascinating wildlife.

On our final day, Ryan kindly took some of the group to complete the waterfall trip that was rained off. The trip is breathtaking and one of a kind. A mixture of adrenaline, spectacular scenery and nature. The trip is run and organised by Ryan (an expert in this field) with the support of Olvin. You cannot find a trip of this nature anywhere else. It is a must if you like adventure.

In all this was one of the best trips I have ever been on. The lodge has everything for every kind of traveler. If you like luxury, the rooms and service are for you. If you like adventure, you will not be disappointed. If you like time to relax, where better to do it than next to a beautiful waterfall in the jungle.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Nikki F
lascascadaslodge, Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2016

Thank you Nikki!
It was great to have your group here with us! I am so happy that the weather (more or less) cooperated and we were able to raft and enjoy the jungle! A big thank you from Chef Olvin and the staff too!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Once again my experience at Las Cascadas Lodge exceeded my expectations.

As always, Ryan and all the staff went out of the way to make sure our stay was perfect. It is like staying in your own vacation home with a private chef!!!!

Ryan made the arrangements for all the local activities we wanted to experience, hiking and white water rafting.

My favorite place in Honduras!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lori F
lascascadaslodge, General Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

Thank you for the nice review Lori! It is always such a pleasure to have you here with us at the lodge! It was great meeting your sister and hosting your stay yet again! All the best!
Ryan

Reviewed September 13, 2016

My wife and i recently stayed and Las Cascadas for a Monday-Friday getaway and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was so relaxing swimming in the natural freshwater pools and sitting watching the wildlife, but if you are more of an action kind of person they have some amazing treks right there on the property with the chance to see even more wildlife, we saw Toucans :-) and the waterfall repelling with Ryan and Olvin is a must. My wife was very nervous about coming down the waterfalls but Olvin and Ryan were so patient with her that she thoroughly enjoyed herself and would have gone again if she could. Not only was Olvin part of the repelling team but the food he produced each day was amazing

Room tip: we had one of the rooms in the main lodge overlooking the waterfall very relaxing to listen to as you fall asleep
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
lascascadaslodge, Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2016

Thank you for the nice review Richard! It was great to have you guys here and to do the waterfall tour!
I will pass on your compliments to Chef Olvin and we wish you the very best!

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

I can't say enough about the professionalism and friendliness of the team at Las Cascadas Lodge. My friends and I repelled down the waterfalls and it was by far my favorite activity of my three weeks in Honduras. Even though at first it seems intimidating, Ryan explained everything so well and he uses top line equipment, which puts your mind at ease. He was extremely knowledgable. I highly recommend this activity to anyone who has a free day in La Ceiba.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ryanmanager, General Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you Seth!

Reviewed June 1, 2016

If you love waterfalls and adventure then this is JUST the thing for you! My husband and I just celebrated our anniversary in beautiful Honduras in the Pico Bonito area! One of our highlights was this waterfall descent! I would recommend this to anyone who loves nature, adventure, and water! Ryan has a way of making you feel very safe too.... it takes me some time to build trust but I was so surprised how quick I felt at ease with Ryan and his team! I promise you'll love this... it's unlike ANYTHING i've ever done in my life!

Date of stay: May 2016