All reviews every meal zip lining private chef waterfall repelling white water rafting big waterfall min hike hot sauce the river grand cayman stunning place jungle style my mouth is watering spectacular scenery perfect combination of relaxation long weekend private home
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

I can't say enough about the professionalism and friendliness of the team at Las Cascadas Lodge. My friends and I repelled down the waterfalls and it was by far my favorite activity of my three weeks in Honduras. Even though at first it seems intimidating, Ryan explained everything so well and he uses top line equipment, which puts your mind at ease. He was extremely knowledgable. I highly recommend this activity to anyone who has a free day in La Ceiba.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ryanmanager, General Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you Seth!

Reviewed June 1, 2016

If you love waterfalls and adventure then this is JUST the thing for you! My husband and I just celebrated our anniversary in beautiful Honduras in the Pico Bonito area! One of our highlights was this waterfall descent! I would recommend this to anyone who loves nature, adventure, and water! Ryan has a way of making you feel very safe too.... it takes me some time to build trust but I was so surprised how quick I felt at ease with Ryan and his team! I promise you'll love this... it's unlike ANYTHING i've ever done in my life!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2016

We recently spent three days at the Las Cascadas Lodge and found a new favorite place!! Our cabin had a spectacular view of the lower falls and we never tired of hearing the soothing sounds of the water. Olvin and Ryan couldn't have been more helpful and professional. The food Olvin provided was fabulous!! Fresh, creative and delicious, always served with a smile! Ryan knows the area so well and is enthusiastic about providing any service from adventures to in town business. We will most definitely be back!!!!

Room tip: There are three rooms. Two are attached to the main building and the third is nearby, but stand alone. We loved the stand alone cabin.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank chicosmama
Reviewed April 4, 2016

If you are in the Pico Bonito area and want an adventurous tour , a must do is the waterfall Descents tour with Ryan .

Basically you rappel down the face of waterfalls into pristine pools that have been rarely seen by others . Ryan and his companion make sure you are safe and give great instruction along the way .

Not for those that aren't adventurous and semi-coordinated , but if you are into a physically challenging and beautiful experience......don't hesitate and give him a call at the lodge .

Great guides and a great experience !! Thanks Ryan !

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2016

Words can't really describe how incredible this trip was, though the reviews on here will get you close to understanding how wonderful Las Cascadas truly is. The lodge is luxurious and has a waterfall in the backyard. Not only is it beautiful to look at, and calming to fall asleep to, but you can repel down it. As amazing as the lodging, food, hospitality ect... is, the waterfall descent tour (canyoning) was quite easily one of the most beautiful, adventurous and enlivening things I have ever had the opportunity to do. I was there for a week, but there is so much to do in the valley I could have easily stayed for a month. Though the beauty of the rainforest and delights of living in jungle luxury are enough to make this trip worthwhile, the service delivered by Ryan made the trip perfect. He and his team are truly professional. Olvin made some of the most--if not the most--delicious food I have ever eaten. I can't wait to go back.

Room tip: Do the waterfall descent/canyoning tour.
Date of stay: March 2016