“Great! Can not be any better”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Las Cascadas Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Ceiba
Las Cascadas Lodge
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
“Great! Can not be any better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

From the pick up at the airport to the drop off there(included in stay ) this lodge is tops!! The 3 suites, the grounds and staff are first rate. This is the place for a romantic get away. No kids. Ryan perfectly attends to all your needs whether taking you up to the waterfall on the grounds, driving up through the villages or arranging for hikes,rafting on the white water or horseback riding. The 3 meals are prepared for you and are wonderful. Good bar drinks end the evening Early to bed here because nothing but rest etc in your room after 9

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed all over Latin America and the Caribbean, and normally don't write reviews, but I had to make an exception in this case. Las Cascadas may just be the most remarkable place I've ever been to. It was literally like living in a fantasy world for several days.

The property is set in a lush jungle, and sits right next to a beautiful waterfall. Just a few steps away is another set of falls which empty into a large pool that's ideal for swimming. If that's not enough, there's an even larger cascade about a half hour walk further upstream, also complete with it's own swimming hole.

Ryan, the on-site manager, was an absolute joy to deal with while making travel arrangements...responsive, full of practical information, and he took care of all our transportation needs in getting from the airport to the lodge. Once we arrived, that top notch level of customer service never stopped. He and Maggie made sure all of our needs were met, and more often than not, anticipated them every step of the way. They were also great at answering any and all questions about the surrounding area.

At lodges like this, where the meals are included in the price, there tends to be a "fixed" menu every night. But not here. Olvin, the on site personnel chef, not only gave you several options with every meal, but would also cook your food to order. Olvin also doubled as our tour guide for the long day hike the lodge offers...about 5 hours round trip to an incredible 180 foot waterfall, as well as another great swimming hole. It was a bit of workout, but great, great fun. Olvin made sure we stayed out of trouble, provided loads of information about the local flora and fauna, and even knew the best spots for taking pictures.

One of the things that make this place so special is that the staff (Olvin and Ryan among others) seem genuinely interested in making sure you have a good time. You can laze around by the waterfalls, swim, relax, or go on more adventurous options. We chose white water rafting in addition to the day hike, and it too was just exceptional. The scenery alone made it so worthwhile. Ditto for the trip up the valley to visit some local villages. Did I mention there's a place offering Thai Massages right by the side of the river right near the lodge too?

I could go on, and you might think I'm exaggerating. But I'm not. This place is that good, and more than deserving of all the 5 star reviews it got before we visited. With a limited number of rooms, the atmosphere of seclusion and privacy in a protected setting is unmatched. If your idea of a vacation is sitting at a big fancy resort and getting drunk by the pool, this may not be the place for you. But otherwise, a stay here is a no-brainer.

Room Tip: A lot of the other reviewers talk up the private cabin on site. It's definitely nice, but the o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
lascascadaslodge, General Manager at Las Cascadas Lodge, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for the review Chuck! I am very happy that you enjoyed your time here and were able to check out the river and trail with still plenty of opportunity to relax and enjoy Chef Olvin's great cooking! It was an absolute pleasure to meet you both and to have you here with us at the lodge. I hope you get the chance tocome back too! There is so much variety in things to do and see and of course the waterfalls and special pools will be here waiting! Thank you!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a private getaway in the jungle, and thats exactly what we got. An immaculate, remote jungle bungalow as picturesque as you'd dream about. Walking into the Bejuco cabin took our breath away. This is by far the best room in the house! It's a private building off the main house which has a beautiful stone tub and outdoor shower. There were fresh flowers all over the bed, and tub making it a perfect romantic getaway. I gave the sleep quality a very good instead of excellent simply because of the moisture of the jungle- the linens were a little moist. Nothing that can be controlled -its nature.
There are waterfalls in every view from the room to the main house. Walk up a few steps to a watering hole to swim and sunbathe. The pool area is very nice too. The Lodge only has about 4 rooms, so it's very quiet and peaceful. There's never a crowd to contend with. If you're up for a longer hike, you can take a nature hike up to the upper falls which is thrilling and beautiful. There are tables there if you want a picnic.
Ryan and Maggie are the perfect hosts - accommodating to your every desire weather its relaxing, or up for adventure. We were concerned being a same sex couple - if we'd be safe, or welcome. They didn't even bat an eyelash. Ryan is the master of ceremonies, Maggie pours a delicious cocktail, and Olvins cooking is amazing. We took several of his recipes home with us. The tables were always decorated beautifully with flowers and candlelight. So many details - none left uncovered.
Ryan picked us up and dropped us off at the ferry. The party we were meeting had not arrived yet, and Ryan would not leave until we met. He made phone calls to help ensure we were safe with our party. He also was able to call a shop owner to open up the closed store in order for us to shop at that time. Truly - above and beyond.
The cost of the room would indicate that meals would be additional - yet you are served breakfast, lunch, and dinner- each day with your desired food preference and desired time to dine.
If you're on the fence about this place- don't be.

Room Tip: The pictures on the website are not staged. If the Bejuco Cabin is available- take it. Its only a fe...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Absolutely stunning scenery!!! We stayed in the Bali room which was just beautiful. Separate from the main lodge, surrounded by the jungle and a view of the waterfall - sooooo peaceful. Ryan and Maggie were very attentive and made sure we had the most amazing experience while staying with them. Olvin is the private chef. The food he prepared, breakfast, lunch and dinner, was delish! He also look us on a 4.5 hour hike up to the main waterfall...pretty extreme hiking but worth it!!! Miss this place already and would reccommend this to anyone whose looking for some relaxation with a bit of adventure. Amazing experience and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IslandGirl127
Cayman islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Came back from here on Monday and have to say it was an amazing experience, Ryan and Maggie were the perfect hosts and Olvin and his staff perpared the most amazing food. If you want to get away from it all and be spoiled this is the place but if you also want some action this is the place, rafting, kaying, mountain biking and zip lining. The accomodations are absoloutely beautiful and the setting was perfect. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Bejuco Cabin was amazing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just returned from our second trip to Las Cascadas and both times were out of this world. The other reviews are so on the mark, I can't imagine saying anything more to describe the incredible experience of visiting this magical place. By far the most valuable asset this place has is its people, who are the most welcoming and efficient staff I have had the pleasure to come across, and yes, I've stayed at the RC's of the world! What you get is the real honest warm hospitality and genuine good nature that makes you feel so at home, it's like a home away from home.

Something about waterfalls and nature just takes my breath away, and this property has the most endearing falls that I could sit and stare at for hours. Under the canopy of the trees the temperature is cool, humid and pleasant in the heart of summer. One day I'll catch that tricky big beautiful blue butterfly on film, he keeps taunting me, nah nah, can't catch me! With a natural swimming hole above the lower falls, it's the perfect place to swim and feel like you're in a fantasy movie. My 15 year old son and his friend loved jumping in off the rocks, which nearly gave me a heart attack, but the most fun part about swimming in that pool is...well there are a few, but I don't want to give away all the secrets! Ask Ryan or Olvin when you get there. There's fun, relaxation, great food (we went for the local dishes, yum yum, thanks Olvin!) and good good times to be had at Las Cascadas.

I love the fact that the Lodge has accommodations for only a handful of people, and are well appointed clean and with the certain finishing touches that make you smile when you see them. And although I would have been happy to hang around the property the whole weekend we did a few adventure trips. This time we rafted again with Omega Tours and the river was much higher than the last trip and just perfect with lots of three's and four's to brave. One of the interesting features about the Cangrejal River are the huge massive boulders that you can climb and jump off into the calm areas of the river. The boys loved the rafting so much they went the next day on the river in inflatable kayaks. Another heart attack session for me but they rocked it! Big thanks to the awesome river guide for an adventure giving them lifetime memories.

Jungle River Lodge took them on the canopy zip-line tour, which I had to sit out lest heart attack number three set in. Anyway my hubby and I were perfectly happy sitting at the bar overlooking the river sipping a couple of local beers and watching the rafters enjoying the river. The guides were superb and very keen on safety, and we will definitely take some tours with them in the future. I was floored when they offered to give us the video footage of the boys, what an incredible bonus and show of true generosity. Thank you Jungle River team!

Well I've gone on long enough and have left out so many other great things to share, but really, you just need to go and experience them for yourself, you will hardly be disappointed, unless you bring your four inch heels and TV guide, lol.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracey B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I researched all of Honduras trying to get a good place with excellent service that would be elegant, great accomodations, close to nature, quiet, and all included. I "stumbled upon" with Las Cascadas Lodge. It was a match made in heaven. I spent five days in this pristine kept property in the middle of the rain forest, surrounded by at least three waterfalls I could reach. Two of them just adjacent to the Lobby area. The other one, a thirty minute hike in the middle of the mountain hiking uphill, a sight to see! Then you are all by yourself, the waterfall and the rainforest. Wonderful. The property is about sixty acres, close to Río Cangrejal, the top class 5 rafting river in the world, and so many more eco turist attractions that are around the Pico Bonito Mountain Reserve. The Lodge is quaint, beautifully decorated with Honduran crafts and the food is amazing!. The Manager Ryan and his team go above and beyond to make you feel at home, and get everything you need. This is really what I call World Class Service! Well done! Congratulations to Honduras' best kept secret! As a Honduran, I really feel proud of having this jewel in my country! Felicidades Las Cascadas Lodge!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo