“Amazing experience at Rio El Cangrejal”

La Moskitia Ecoaventuras
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy an exciting trip along the turbulent Class III & IV rapids of Cangrejal river. Departing from La Ceiba we head upriver to our rafting put in, while accessing to the unique and amazing set up of this side of Pico Bonito Park that will be our background during the two hours and a half that this unforgettable journey lasts. Rafting tour includes instruction on procedures, security equipment, bilingual professional guide and gear(rafts, paddles, life jackets and helmets). Participants are invited to a picnic meal at the end of the activity, consisting of some sandwiches, cookies and fruit and soft drink.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I did the rafting tour at Rio El Cangrejal with La Mosquitia Ecoaventuras and it was great. The guides are very profesional and they managed to get my adrenaline up, without ever feeling unsafe. Also they use very good equipment and all the staff is well trained.

I highly recommend it.

3  Thank Freddy M

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I went on the Laguna de Cacao sea kayak adventure 2 weeks ago - saw great birds, many howler monkeys, had fun taking a dip in the sea, were impressed (and learned a lot!) from the new Visitors' Center, and enjoyed our bilingual guides (he spoke in Spanish, I in English!) And the price was right, AND they accept credit cards - what more could you want?

DO THIS! - you will LOVE it! Joan & Eduardo

1  Thank bouchardjm
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had an awesome morning rafting with this company. The guides were very safety conscious and we felt totally safe at all times. The river was very beautiful and the guides knowledgable about flora and fauna - we learnt a lot! Most importantly we had heaps of fun!! The pineapple and iced teas at the finish were delicious. Many thanks to all involved.

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had an amazing time rafting, thanks to La Moskitia Ecoaventuras! Everything was taken care of, from both my transport and accommodation in La Ceiba, to my delicious snacks after the rafting trip. It was a wonderful experience, full of fun, and I really look forward trekking in the La Moskitia region one day soon. Muchas gracias!

1  Thank Killahchik
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I used this company back in 2009 -- for part of my trip, I used another group called La Ruta Moskitia (also recommendable), but later had a 14-day rafting trip with La Moskitia Ecoaventuras (in the Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve).

I must say that La Moskitia is my favorite natural area in Central America (I've been all over, including The Darien), and I'd even place it as a rival of The Amazon. The company is excellent in providing you with information, assistance, and guidance, and if you want to see the most elusive of the wildlife, they're your best bet as well.

While on the rafting trip, we spotted two fully-grown Baird's tapirs, dozens of scarlet macaws and a wide variety of other tropical birds, an ocelot, two tamandua, sloth, large iguanas, river otters, stunning flora and quite a few other reptiles, amphibians, and insects as well. There were also two fresh sets of jaguar tracks. It's amazing how such a vast, undisturbed region can still exist today. Aside from that, we also visited some ancient archaeoligcal sites, which were also very interesting.

Not only is La Moskitia a place to experience abundant nature, but it's also amazing to experience indigenous cultures -- from the Miskito and Pech to Garifuna and to the even-more-remot Tawahka (the latter being in a different part of La Moskitia).

It isn't cheap to explore La Moskitia (this trip is as low as $1,300 per person), but it is worth much more.

7  Thank Rulti