“A Romantic Treehouse Adventure”
other travelers have booked this property
Living area and salon
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Living area and salon
The bedrooms have 2 king memory foam beds, en-suite bathrooms.
Wet bar, kitchen
El Bejuco directly in front of the Lodge
Entrance way to the Ceiba Tree Villa
Bathroom
Spectacular interior of the roof
View of Ceiba Tree Lodge from gardens
Keel Billed Toucan on property
6 different door designs
Pool with Ceiba Tree in background
Fountain at entrance
Rio cangrejal
The dell and chinese bridge
Ceiba Tree from the palm garden
Swim in the Rio Cangrejal in front of the Lodge
Red legged honey sucker
Beautiful paths throughout
Waterfall behind the Lodge property
Heliconia and Colibri
Mariposa and Xoria
Map of area
The stream on the property
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
michelleh...
Doraville, Georgia
“A Romantic Treehouse Adventure”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

We just spent a fun, eventful Thanksgiving week in The Ceiba Tree Lodge at this amazing jungle resort! While we were there, the weather ranged from beautiful, to cloudy, to a major storm with fallen trees, and power outages. However, we could not imagine a better place to be "stuck" with a front row view of the rushing Rio Congrejal, the ever-growing El Bejuco waterfall, and some fun new friends in our fellow guests, as well as the warm, wonderful staff!

Wilder got soaked through during the storm checking on us, delivering food and drinks, and then sticking around to play dominoes while the electricity was out for most of one day.

The Ceiba Tree Lodge provided exactly the romantic treehouse adventure we had hoped after seeing photos and reviews here and on their website/blog. The grounds and landscaping were absolutely UNREAL!

One caveat....If you are allergic, afraid, or simply not a fan of large dogs, you may want to pick a more "enclosed" lodge on the property. Ace (german shepherd), and Lucy (mastiff?) are VERY sweet and well-behaved. But the open-air kitchen and living area of Ceiba Tree seemed to be their preferred hang-out.

We hope to return to the Villas again, and maybe share this indescribable corner of the world with some more friends and family on our next visit!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Open air "treehouse" feel
Liked least: Not a big deal, but we choose not to have pets at home, and are not used to living with 2 large dogs.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Jan 5, 2017
Thanks for the review. Hope you come back with your friends for another visit.
Ipoolceo
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Richard and his staff made our trip unbelievable. The Ceiba tree was an amazing villa, with breathtaking views of a jungle waterfall, and right over the Rio Cangrejal. We made arrangements with a white water rafting company before we arrived, but had we known, Richard can arrange all sorts of excursions, including white water rafting, and he doesn't even charge for it. The company that actually handles the excursions were no more than a city block from the villas. Overall, an incredible trip and the villa and staff were amazing! Definitely will return and highly recommend this resort.

Jennifer0...
Lake Worth, Florida
“I highly recommend staying at The Jungle Eco Resort and if I am ever to return that is were my family and I will be stay”
Reviewed August 12, 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

I would like to start by saying that Richard and his staff were amazing, the hiking trails were beautiful and the family and I had a wonderful time.

I traveled with my husband and two children ages fourteen and twelve. At check in I was disappointed that there was not a TV in the room, just than my twelve year old son said “why would you want to sit in the room and watch TV, when we could go explore the grounds and play in the river, we watch enough TV at home.”

On our four day, three night adventure we were able to go zip lining, white water rafting, hike in the Pico Bonito Rain Forest, visit the beach (which is just a 30 min. ride form the lodge) and visit the butterfly museum in La Ceiba.

The room we stayed in had a full kitchen, when making my reservation it was vary important so I could buy food and make it, in order to save on money. The first night of our stay I treated the family to dinner at Pico Bonito restraint located next to the pool. The food was amazing, big props to the chef.

I highly recommend staying at The Jungle Eco Resort and if I am ever to return that is were my family and I will be staying.

Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 25-34
Young singles A romantic getaway
Large groups
rickracko
Ansonia, Connecticut
“A place to get away and relax”
Reviewed June 15, 2011 for a stay in May 2011
people found this review helpful

After hours of picking and choosing i finally stumbled upon Villas Pico Bonito from trip advisor and i must say it was the best choice for anyone looking to get away for a couple of nights or even a week (I chose the week stay), We stayed at the Cangrejal River Lodge cause we had 5 people in our party...Generally pictures are touched up and they sometimes never look like what they are supposed to be but this place was every bit of what you see in the photos...Located off a dirt road 4.5 miles from La Ceiba it takes you on a nice ride along the Rio Cangrejal....Be careful of that dirt road there are many man made speed bumps....A very nice place to stay with amazing scenery and beautiful POOL that is so blue it looks like the blue waters of the Carribean....The staff there is very friendly and always helpful if u have questions...A definite must stay place to get away from it all..

Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Large groups Rugged travelers
cloverdale
Reviewed February 7, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Your age range 55-64
Washington USA
Reviewed August 28, 2010 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2010 for a stay in April 2010

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
People with disabilities Families with young children
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing