La Villa de Soledad B&B
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewshis wifepico bonito parkperfect hoststhe riveran amazing cookomega tourslovely homeowners johngenuine warmth and friendlinesswhite water raftingshort walkbreakfast was excellentfresh fruitdelicious dinnerexotic plantsquiet retreatday hiking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place is so charming I can not resist staying there when I am visiting La Ceiba Honduras. Its like the home of Diego de la Vega (el Zorro movie) but in the middle of a jungle. The spectacular view of Pico Bonito Mountain and the energetic sound of the river Cangrejal just become magical. John, Soledad and all their family are just amazing hosts, and do not miss Soledad honduran gourmet food. The rooms are very spacious with powerful showers of fresh and pristine water from the mountain. There is plenty activities or just enjoy peacefully at the terrace in a hammock.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

La Villa de Soledad was the highlight stay of our trip to Honduras. Soledad and husband John were wonderful hosts and made us feel like close friends immediately upon arrival and throughout our 2 night stay. John is well connected in the travel industry of Honduras and can answer almost any question about what to do or where to go as well as the history and politics of Honduras. Soledad was always there to make sure we had everything we needed, great Honduran food, wine, or coffee or tea first thing in the morning. Included breakfast was incredible, always with home made tortillas.
Our room was spotless, comfortable and spacious. The house and common areas were jungle luxury and despite the white water rafting, zip lines and rain forest hikes that were callling us, we could have just settled in all day and enjoyed the sights and sounds. We would have loved to stay much longer and will the next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
John D, Owner at La Villa de Soledad B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Charlie:

Thank you for your nice review! Soledad and I take pride in our little piece of paradise and really enjoy having guests like your group stay with us. We are flattered that you consider your stay at La Villa de Soledad as the highlight of your trip to Honduras. Thank you for helping spread the word! Hope you do have a chance to come back some time in the near future!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a beautiful place, open concept overlooking manicured grounds. Definite pride of ownership (which so often lacks in Central America). My room was spacious with a nice bathroom and hot water (not all hotels/lodges in the area do). Also had a set of double doors leading to my own hammock with a great view of the mountain.

I had arranged for them to come pick me up from the ferry. Some me taxis won't go up there during rainy season as you need a 4X4. Definitely worth the little extra cost, even got to learn about all the hotels/tour places along the way.

I could go on about all the little things John and Soledad did for me while I was there but the list would be quite long. They treat their guests very,very well.

I do have to mention breakfast. Beautiful plate of fresh fruits, then eggs, ham & toasts (bacon the 2nd day), tea, coffee, fresh orange juice, my mouth still waters just thinking about it. Best breakfast of my whole vacation. There places close by where you can have some lunch/dinner so the lack of restaurant isn't a big deal.

A real gem, you won't be disappointed.

Attached pictures are a bit dark as I was there during the rainy season.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the yard.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and me stayed here for two nights and we wish we have booked for many more!
Casa De Soledad is surrounded by the nature, and all you can hear is the sound of nature and the sound of river just across the house.
The owners Mr John and Soledad are a lovely couple, and they are also very helpful and kind the all time.
The food is amazing, we have been eating the best Honduran food here! Sole is a great cook and she will do anything to satisfy your requests! She made us feeling home and we where very sad to leave that magical place!
We also had the chance to return to have our last lunch there, just before our departure back home!
Mr John is also very nice and helpful and he speaks very good English.
WE DO RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE THAT IS LOOKING FOR A VERY CLEAN AND QUIET PLACE, WITH GREAT FOOD!!!

Room Tip: any room is great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

From the northern coast city of La Ceiba you are 30 minutes away uphill of an impressive scenery, with the Cangrejal river next to it overlooking the imponent mountain and vegetation of Pico Bonito National Park. Villa de Soledad remind me of the lavish, but rustic, mexican haciendas with a south west style. Very spacious with the personal touch of Soledad and John. The big rooms (only three but soon 5), all connect to a patio where you can start bird watching shooting session early in the morning. The river is literally across the street, where you can experience the white water rafting. Soledad food is beyond gourmet it is a home made pleasure. If you like walking you can visit other restaurants in the mountain or John will drive you there.In the area of La Ceiba you can live very unique trips like Cayos Cochinos and the reef where you can enjoy the boat ride or scuba dive. The canopy tour is exciting (zipline), mountain hiking, horseback riding, but above all enjoy the stay at Villa de Soledad, relax a simply natural beatiful place. The rooms are very comfortable and honestly I found them a bargain fro a $100.00 a night for a double.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo