“Best restaurant in Sambo Creek”

Paradise Found Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in La Ceiba
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Outstanding Hospitality, great food, and a pleasant, beachfront informal setting.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have two long term visits to Paradise Found and both times the hospitality and servic and food are second to none!.

1  Thank felipe714
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were referred here - Actually to the owner Dante (from Cleveland, Ohio) by a friend. The friend wanted us to look up this former musician friend of his who had "escaped to paradise". We arrived after dark in La Ceiba and called Dante for directions. Thinking "Paradise" was only 10 or 15 minutes away, we decided to go there for dinner. Dante guided us (over several phone calls). We got a little lost but that is part of the adventure. Once we arrived, we were greeted by Dante and his wife Kristin like we were their long lost buddies from Cleveland. they really went out of their way to make us feel at home in "Paradise". We were so hungry, and having been in Central America for the past several months,, we were craving a good hamburger. Dante's description of his hamburger made us even more hungry; "the best hamburger in Honduras, a full 1 pound of meat. etc.". I shall always remember this "hamburger in paradise"; it truly was the best and, by far, the biggest hamburger I have ever had. An evening of fun, stories, good music, and Dante's rum drinks, and we were on our way back to La Ceiba late into the evening to turn our off-road vehicle and trailer in to be shipped to Roatan that night. Thanks Dante and Kristin - we will return. Dave says hi!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

I don't quite know where to start with my experience at Paradise Found. And really, the quote above from the lovely Kristin sums it up.

Because, really, it was happenstance from the moment we inquired about the place (returned phone calls from other places in the area never went through - oddly enough, only dante's call rang) to the point of arrival (late at night and the cab driver didn't know where to go... so we drove around Sambo Creek asking folks on the street for help. A woman on the side of the road knew where we were talking about, hopped in the cab with us - along with her baby - and personally directed our driver to Paradise Found).

And Paradise it was. Dante and Kristin welcomed us with open and loving arms. The food, location, drinks, etc. were all fabulous; but the highlight was truly the atmosphere and company. I entered the bar the first night and found myself in a tiki bar on the beach with a soundtrack of classic rock - and I knew we had found the right place. After getting my travel partner and I fed, Kristin and Dante hung out with us for hours - chatting and listening to good music with the sounds of the ocean behind us.

During the next few days if the weather was too cloudy or rainy to dive, Dante took care of us and showed us around the area - from the beach to the mountains to Sambo Creek to La Ceiba. He was a great tour guide, host, and friend - to the very last night - when we decided to stay longer and party in Sambo - where he made multiple calls to ensure we got a cab at 4am so we could catch our bus and eventual plane ride back to the States. Each night was filled with a delicious food (cheers to Dante's cooking!) an amazing view, awesome music, copious amounts of booze, singing harmonies together, and sharing stories for hours.

Did I mention I spent my birthday there as well? Dante and Kristin took care of me - I even got a lovely pedicure! - and made sure I enjoyed every moment of the day.

It's only been a day since I left Dante, Kristin, and Paradise Found... and I already miss their company. I really felt like the place became my home during the last leg of our trip in Honduras and would highly recommend anyone to stay there.

Like Kristin said to me one night, "if you find us, you were meant to be here..." and I truly feel like I was meant to find Paradise Found. I hope others do too and have even half as amazing experience as I did.

PS. As a cocktail lover and foodie.... ask for a coco and rum (and watch as they pick a coconut from the tree behind the bar, cut the top off, stick a straw in it and fill the rest with rum (An amazingly refreshing cocktail!) and try the Caesar's Salad, Lobster soup (my birthday dinner), shrimp cocktail, or the ribs - if available. muy delicioso!

PPS. Have Tony take you diving in Cayos Cochinos then eat a monster meal by Dante upon return. You will be very happy.

Cheers to Kristin, Dante, and the whole crew at Paradise Found. I highly recommend you find it and enjoy Paradise...

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Beautiful views of the beach from the tiki restaurant.

And amazing fresh food brilliantly cooked by a talented and amusing chef who will cook to order for fussy vegetarian spouses! And also challenge you at darts.

Good small dive shop operates out of basement. The Burger is divine. As are the special salads.

We ate here every day.