“Good service, really bad food.”

La Delphina Bed and Breakfast, Bar and Grill
Ranked #6 of 35 La Ceiba B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Richard were helpfull whit trips and transport. The food did not taste good, and what ever you ordered everything tasted the same. We ordered a pasta carbonara of the menu and Richard asked us what it was... And it was not pasta carbonara we finally got.
One night we Richard said that he was going to have a party in the evening for some guys and their girlfriends. In fact it was US marines and 10 hockers...

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Vallby
main5878, Owner at La Delphina Bed and Breakfast, Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Hi Vallby, this is Richard thanking you for your review, I don’t really reply to reviews, but sorry that you was not happy with your food that day, we would have done anything to correct it, our food is not really a problem, if you read the rest of the reviews, here at La Delphina Bed and breakfast bar and grill hotel we do our best to make guest happy and my staff do a good job of it, you ask to stay an extra day or two I believe .But when you start talking about American service man I get Offended, men and women that put their life in danger defending freedom all over the world, I have to answer, you have no right to judge anyone, these men come to Honduras to protect you and me while you visit , you and your lady was not invited to the party to judge anyone you had a right to leave , you was with a lady, no one judged her, Insulted or called her out of her name, these men and women come here to have a good time and they always have respect for everyone, we have never had any complain about them. They do not need someone judging them, this is one place that they can get away from the dangers, that they face every day all over the world and enjoy them self I will continue to let them have a good time if that is my little contribution to them .

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I can't say enough great things about this place! Fantastic room, Richard & Kelly are awesome hosts, the tiki bar is a fantastic place to relax by the sea or pool, and the food and drinks come at your pace! We were only there one night but could have stayed our whole vacation! In fact we did change our plans to stay a few more hours as we hated to leave the comfy chairs on the back deck looking out at Cayos Conchinos and the ocean. Am grateful for Tripadvisor as we Couldn't have asked for a better way to start our two weeks in Honduras! We will be going back!

Room Tip: We had a choice of rooms - either overlooking the ocean or the mountains, we chose the ocean and wer...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
main5878, Owner at La Delphina Bed and Breakfast, Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you hope to see you soon and God bless

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at the La Delphina B&B in the past year. Richard, Kelly and their staff are friendly & accommodating. They will arrange for taxis and tours with ease and no fuss. From our understanding La Delphina is named after Richards mother and he tries to bring all that she stood for into his business hard work, friendly banter in a home atmosphere; he has achieved that and strives to continue. The location is peaceful & quite and the food is fantastic. The beach and the B&B are busier as I recall from last year but week days appear less busy. There are plenty of activities in the area to enjoy such as the Cacao Lagoon, Zip Line and their hot springs or Glendas Hot springs or a walk on the beach. Richard likes to take care of his guests so if you do go for walks let him know. If you are a traveler or a local it is worth a day or more to get away from the 'city'.

Room Tip: ck room rates may vary depending on location?
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mia922
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Before booking the hotel La Delphina I checked many different reviews and investigated the location. The place was awesome and the service was great too. I was here only for two night for a business trip and I wished I had more time to have enjoyed all the good stuff in the hotel and fun activities around the hotel. Call before you get to Hotel so you can plan your day and ask Richard or Kelly to give you information of all the fun things you can do while you are there.

I would go to La Delphina hotel every weekend if I could... Loved the place and the people

Room Tip: Make sure you get the water view rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nicolef110
Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you love the seaside, and, like me, can spend hours watching the rolling waves, this is the place for you! The terrace on the beach is heaven ... sit in a rocking chair, nursing a cocktail and watch the pelicans - and the Honduran children - fishing.

This is more of a "British" beach, if you see what I mean. As the sea is choppier here, you don't always get the turquoise of the islands. But it's fantastic, nonetheless.

Richard is the perfect host - welcoming you on arrival, chatting at the bar, booking trips and making recommendations. He goes out of his way to ensure you enjoy your stay. Nothing is too much trouble. And booking the trips, as to Cayas Cachinos, are far cheaper via Richard than via some of the nearby posh hotels - $45 compared with up to $180. Plus, the boat picks you up from the beach right outside the B&B.

I went on the zipwire and hot springs trip ($45) which was huge fun. Again I was picked up from the hotel.

Richard took us to La Ceiba airport at the end of our stay, for a very reasonable $25.

Our room was very nice indeed ... bright and colourful, and "the girls" had put towels and flowers on the beds. The bathroom was huge - shower only, no bath though. All very clean. Don't expect the facilities of a 5* hotel here, though ... the furniture is a bit rustic ... but I really liked it, and believe me, I do love my comforts.

We enjoyed the bar, and the bar menu. The plates are HUGE, so very good value.

Some people might be put off by La Delphina being about 15 minutes' drive from La Ceiba, and then down a rutted sideroad down to the beach. But why stay in dirty old La Ceiba, when you can stay on the beach, in the fresh air, and all the trips come to you cut-price?

I absolutely loved La Delphina - I wanted to stay much, much longer, just to enjoy the beach terrace, the pool and the excellent pina coladas!

PS don't worry about the construction work - Richard will stop the work while you're there if you wish.

Room Tip: The new rooms on the beach will be spectacular!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank janthefan
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My Daughter was taken to hospital to have her appendix out while backpacking in Honduras. As parents back in the UK we needed someone to help and we couldn't have asked for anyone better than Richard. He's picked her and her boyfriend up from the hospital and are currently making sure she is comfortable as possible, including going out and getting food specially for her. As a concerned parent we can't ask for more.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MartinMcQ
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Sorry, Richard, to have taken so long to post this. La Delphina is everything you want it to be: comfortable, friendly, relaxing, beautiful (the pool area right on the beach is phenomenal!) with great food and cold beer. Richard will pick you up and keep you safe in La Ceiba and is a virtual encyclopedia about the country and region. Also day trips can be arranged to nearby hikes and hot springs. My only regret was not staying longer. Thank you Richard and Kelly!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple