La Delphina Bed and Breakfast, Bar and Grill
Art Deco Beach(La Ceiba)
Hotel Carnaval(La Ceiba)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewshot springsthe ownercayos cochinosone of a kindhamburgersambo creekwhite water raftinghondurastaxiscaribbean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Arriving late at night and the only guest, Richard and his wife were welcoming and offered me dinner, although I went straight to sleep! The room was really comfy and clean with excellent air conditioning as it was very hot outside. Breakfast was complementary which was an added bonus. The location is idilic on the caribbean sea but a little out of the way along a muddy track- this is no problem as Richard can pick you up from the bus terminal/airport/ferry port for $10 a time which was excellent. A thoroughly pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank bobzmoz
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I am a single woman who stayed at La Delphina for four days after finishing a medical mission in the interior of Honduras. Owner and gracious host, Richard, took perfect care of me - from welcoming me and asking me to consider his B&B as my home, to helping me with planning activities, driving me around to get to the nearby hot springs, and river rafting and which are all centrally located to his place, to preparing delicious meals which sometimes were off menu, and going the extra distance to see that I was comfortable and happy. Richard and Kelly did this for all their guests. La Delphina is right on the beach which made for some great long walks and afterwards I could swim in the ocean or his pool. I come to Honduras every year and I plan on returning to La Delphina.

Room Tip: Ask for room #1 or #4 for best views
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Terese K
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Myself and 2 friends stayed here for 8 days while holidaying in Honduras. Richard was extremely helpful with everything we needed, and was quick to respond to all our e-mail questions before we got there. He has done a great job building this place, and it was definately an enjoyable stay. The rooms were nice, the water was always hot and if you needed anything, all you had to do was ask.

The food was really good and the service was great. Everyone on staff always had a smile on their face.

We had some bad luck with our luggage not showing up when we got to La Ceiba, and I think Richard made 3 or 4 trips to town trying to locate it for us until it finally arrived.

The hotel has a great pool, a great ocean view (beach front) and a great atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to stay outside La Ceiba.

Thanks Richard!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Spent two nights at La Delphina while having medical tests done in La Ceiba. Richard the host and owner was wonderful. He shuttled us to and from the clinic and ferry dock when necessary. The location is gorgeous and we spent hours just looking at the ocean, pelicans, fishing boats, dory's, and everything Mother Nature provided. The room was adequate though a bit short on bath linens. The down side was at the time of our stay the pool was not in service nor was the cable TV. Richard did supply us with a DVD and many movies. This B&B is on its way to being really great if Richard can pull it all together. Even with the lack of TV and pool, we had a very pleasant time. Verify when booking about amenities so you aren't disappointed. We went in knowing there was no TV but not the pool being closed.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I stayed at La Delphina for the first few days of a 15 day trip to Honduras. First, I will tell you that Richard, the owner, helped me for a good month prior to arriving. After arriving, he picked me up at the airport 2 hours away for a very reasonable price. After arriving at the hotel, I was treated very good, (it was the rainy season so I was the only guest) and Richard took me everywhere I wanted to go at any time I wanted to. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a nice english speaking place to stay near La Ceiba. Staying here was like being at home.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business