“Fabulous!”
Review of Villas Pico Bonito

Villas Pico Bonito
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Beautiful location, beautiful accommodation. It's paradise on earth. We were there for a few nights, a family of 5 and the restaurant was supposed to be closed. We were in touch with the owner by email and when we got there, the chef was waiting to make food for us. You can hike down to the river and you can also continue up the road and take a trail to the waterfall.

Room Tip: La Ceiba tree is gorgeous but I looked at the other casitas and they seemed very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Beautiful!

My partner and I stayed here for the weekend and loved every minute of it! The grounds and Villas are amazing. The view is breathtaking. The food is delicious. The staff are also extremely helpful andso friendly! I would recommends Villa Pico Bonito to anyone! We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the El Bejuco and the view from the balcony was beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chloe N
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a super time at Pico Bonito. The villa was lovely and the activities were all great fun and well organised. The staff were a huge asset, they were all friendly,efficient, and very hard-working.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Incredible experience. Took a four hour jungle hike to the waterfall and brought the resort's dog Ace with us (actually he brought US to the waterfall :)). Fantastic food, wonderful staff, lovely accommodations, great climbing on the rocks down by the river. Best weekend ever, I'll be back as soon as I can. Thank you so much, can't say enough about how great this place is.

Room Tip: It's in the jungle so the sounds of the rainforest will help you sleep. zzzzzzzz
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2014

What an amazing place!!!! I am a Canadian who lives in La Cieba. I have visited Villas Pico Bonito many times. Since I knew long ago that this was my favourite place in Honduras, we decided it was the perfect location for our wedding. I knew it was going to be a beautiful day, but it well exceeded my dreams. The staff were more than eager to help us with both the preparation and the celebration. Whatever we needed, we just had to ask! We stayed there with several family members for two nights, all of whom were extremely impressed with all aspects of the resort. There are no words to describe the beauty surrounding you at every turn. We decided to have the ceremony on the look out deck, with the river, mountains, waterfalls, and the beautiful gardens as a background. Our wedding photos and the experience in itself left us with a feeling of true happiness and beauty. When extra guests we were not expecting arrived, we had to change the location of the reception to accommodate the extra people. Once again, the staff jumped in to help, and what could have turned into a disaster, turned out to be just one more magical moment. They even managed to prepare the 15 or so extra dinners we now needed. The dinner, as well as all the other food we ate during our stay, was delicious!!! The piña coladas shared with my children while relaxing by the infinity pool were some of the best I have had! The memories we now have will remain in my heart forever......and although the occasion in itself made it a special day, the location and staff at Villas Pico Bonito was what made it truly amazing!!! I highly recommend this location to anyone, whether it be for a wedding, a weekend, a week, or simply just a relaxing lunch or dinner. I am already planning my next visit, and I know where my anniversaries will be celebrated!! Villas Pico Bonita equals paradise on earth! Thank you Richard, Ana, Leticia, Wilder, and all other staff for giving us such special memories!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at Pico Bonito this month and words cannot explain how incredibly beautiful the site is. There are tropical trees and flowers everywhere and the views of the river and mountains are breathtaking at every turn. The infinity pool is the perfect place to spend an afternoon drinking very well prepared and decently priced cocktails or chilled local beer. Try a Salvavida! The food is excellent and really tasty and the staff are friendly and attentive for the most part. The room we stayed in, La Tucana, was big, spacious and comfortable. It had two bedrooms, a massive kitchen with everything you could need and a big gorgeous deck overlooking the river. Pictures did not do this room justice and I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The room is located a bit away from the pool and restaurant which is great because it feels like you have your own private lodge where all you can hear are the birds and the trees. A great touch is that each room has its own pair of binoculars too! Perfect for bird watching or looking up at the waterfalls in the mountains across the way.

We went to the lodge for a wedding and the ceremony was set at the lookout point by the bar and the reception by the pool. It was soooooo beautiful and in every picture, all you can see are gorgeous flowers and trees. The setting was spectacular and would be perfect for any wedding or special event. Breathtaking.

I would go back in a heartbeat and will definitely do so. This resort is without a doubt the best place for a tourist in Honduras and it makes it worth the trip out.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome 3 nights at Villas Pico Bonito. The grounds are gorgeous, lots of little paths to explore and beautiful scenery. All the staff was super friendly and helpful. They were always making sure we had everything we needed and making sure we were having a good time. Highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple