“If you're flying and spending the night, this is the place for you!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Rainbow Village
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Nice, clean, friendly, cute and affordable. The owner is very nice, the food is very good and reasonably priced, the dog is very friendly and the rooms are comfortable, plus the shower is excellent! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank 975Bel

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Unscheduled stop brought us to Rainbow Village at the recommendation of a friend.. Barbara met us at the airport and actually had to wait quite a while because our flight was delayed. Rainbow Village is about 3 minutes from the airport which was great because she had to make 2 trips to get all four of us and our luggage to the Village. We stayed in the purple cottage that had two bedrooms (with air conditioning) and one bath. Very clean and comfortable. It was delightful to have a wonderful homemade German meal at the end of a long day. She also made a great Pina Colada! The next morning we had to be back at the airport by 6:30am. She fixed coffee for us and again took us back to the airport. Thank you Barbara and your staff for a great 12 hours!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I sent an email requesting a reservation a week before traveling to La Ceiba; I got no reply. I tried to find the place at night, with no luck-- there is no signage visible from the main highway, the road approaching the hotel is pitted and wrecked, and the turn itself (I came back in daylight to see if I could find it) is likewise not marked.

I rang the bell to the gate, and was greeted through a security panel in the door. Two conversations through the panel; never even got invited inside. Very rude. When I mentioned the email, I was told there was no such email-- as if accusing me of lying.

I went back to my (good) hotel, checked my Sent folder, found the email, and re-sent it. Still no response, to this day.

Very rude. Very difficult. Won't try again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Ben_Malisow
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was expecting more of a hotel room so when my friends and I (5 of us) entered the Hotel Rainbow Village B&B we were incredibly surprised to find out we were in a small "casita" complete with 2 bedrooms with A/C, a full bathroom with HOT water, a shared living room/eating space and a small kitchen. It was more than what we had expected and it fit more than we were even wanting.

Barbara is a wonderful ex-pat lady who is relaxed and on top of the game. We had tour plans but due to the bad weather, we had to replan. She was more than helpful in recommending us new places to visit and tour. She was full of information - directions, contacts, tour ideas, hospitality - so our stay wasn't short of awesome. The food was great, drinks (mixed and German/Honduran beer!) were tasty and the rooms were so comfortable. We definitely enjoyed our little porch area with a sitting hammock while we woke up with our coffee.

There are so many things to do in La Ceiba or Sambo Creek so we definitely recommend staying at Hotel Rainbow Village even if it is a little distance from both. It's worth the drive plus you get to see the gorgeous views of Honduras!

Tour recommendations: Cayos Cochinos Islands, Canopy (Ziplining) Tour in Sambo Creek, and paintball right around the corner from the hotel in a field with abandonded airplanes. So cool!

Room Tip: Pick a color of a house, they're all great rooms! We stayed in Casa Azul :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria P
Reviewed October 16, 2013

When traveling to the Bay Islands, I always stay at Rainbow Village Hotel. I stayed there again last week and it did not disappoint. The rooms are clean and AC works great. Barbara cooks incredible German food and is always available around your schedule. The neighborhood looks a little rough but I have walked there from the airport numerous times with no issues. The Hotel, bar area/restaurant and pool are inside a high wall and you feel completely secure and can get a great night sleep. The stay includes a ride back to the airport so you dont have to deal with taxi cabs or worrying about catching your flight. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SteveS1232013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I live in the Bay Islands and have to travel to La Ceiba for merchandise I can't find on the island & also for medical. I always stay at Rainbow Village, if they have room. I have stayed at many hotels in La Ceiba, but I prefer staying at Rainbow Village. I hate feeling claustrophobic in a hotel room. Here you have your own little apartment and just as important, you have your own private porch. I love sitting outside and not being confined to a room. The apartments are comfortable, clean and cute. They have everything you need. I also like the that there is a nice restaurant right at the hotel. The food is good & they give you nice portions. When I had dental work done, the cook prepared a special meal for me. The owners are very nice and anxious to see that you have everything you need. I have always felt very safe at Rainbow Village. I like the atmosphere and colorful rooms. The prices are very fair. I highly recommend this hotel.
- Kay Bonds

Room Tip: All rooms are private and exactly alike. Any room is a good choice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank florida29
Reviewed August 13, 2013

La ceiba as a whole seemed like a bit of a rough area, but this hostel was very nice. The lady who runs it is very friendly, the rooms are clean and have air conditioning, as well as kitchens and bathrooms. We only stayed for one night on our way to Roatan, but was a good place to stop. There was also a friendly German shepherd there!

• Stayed: August 2013