“Relaxing, hidden gem”

Clarion Copan Ruinas
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Copan Ruinas
Reviewed May 7, 2009

W e had a fantastic time, the service was great very professional, the rooms were very clean, big confortable.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed April 14, 2009

Stayed here with friends recently, beautiful landscaping with lots of green areas and local birds. In fact, we were able to play soccer for a while after lunch before a dip in the pool. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I agree with another reviewer: the pina colada's are great; I thought the bar was very nice with excellent service (Thanks, Suamy :) We ate almost every meal at the hotel during our 2 night stay and the food was great too. Highly recommend, I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2009

The Posada Real is well located in its own grounds, about halfway between the town and the archaeological site. The rooms are on two floors overlooking the pool area. Ours, on the upper floor, was spacious with a high ceiling but the bathroom was uncomfortably small. The indoor public areas are elegant but the bar is small and noisy. During our two night visit, the hotel was dominated by tour groups. We found no English language channels on the TV. There is one elderly guest computer and a nominal charge for internet access.

The staff were helpful, especially those in the restaurant. Breakfast was an indifferent buffet with a queue but our two a la carte dinners were excellent and good value.

Overall, we would grade this hotel four star minus and its operating style is geared towards groups. Recommended for a short stay for those who don’t need the nightlife of the town.

Tip - don’t miss the excellent museum beside the site, much better than the one in the town.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank globaltraveller200
Reviewed February 12, 2009

My Stay was unforgetable!!! I travelled with CARAVAN TOURS and the whole experience was just superb!!!!!

The hotel is very well located in a very quiet place with a view over the valley. I had my doubts about the quality (specially the food) because of some negative commentaries from other Trip Advisor members, but I have to comment that in the past maybe the hotel had some problems, but TODAY, the food is very good and the hotel is very clean. The only handicap they have is that the staff at the desk do not speak english at all (evening staff) so we had to bother constantly our Tour Director to translate for us.

The restaurant is only a bit crowded in the mornings so you better go early for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2009
2  Thank GunsGermsSteel
Reviewed February 7, 2009

I stayed two night in early February 2009 while on an Overseas Adventure Tours OAT Route of the Mayas trip. It is near the Copan Historic Site. The hotel is clean and the food was good (breakfast and dinner). The setting is excellent with beautiful flowers near the river. The room itself was rather ordinary but given its location I had no complaints. I slept well! The only negative was the Internet access was spotty but then again the hotel is out in the middle of the jungle ...

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank photoguy66degrees
Reviewed January 18, 2009

To whom concern: Two years ago I spent a good time at Hotel Posada Real de Copan in Honduras, but nothing like a month ago, It was a better experiance becasuse of the costumer service has improve; The best part of it was the excellent service and the food, specially the food was delicious the Sopa Maya Chorti and the guacamole tha was something that I never try before made me feel in heaven. Ihave never taste anything like that before. I want to let the cook and the guys in the kitchen know, the great job they have done. I will recomended to anyone to go to Hotel Posada Real de Copan and try the delicious food and they will have the best experience. Great job to everyone !!

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed August 16, 2007

My family and I, stayed at this hotel for two days and one night. The hotel was great, very clean and the building was in great condition and very cozy. The staff of the hotel were very warm and helpfull. I would like to thank specially "Nery" the Hotel´s shuttle driver. He was very usefull and willing to help and guide. Thae hotel pool, is right in the middle of all the action, wich makes it accesible to everyone, and its close to the bar and the restaurant, so your food and/or drinks are at a close range. The bar isn´t a special place, but it is very friendly and inviting to have a drink or to, maybe, before starting the nightlife, in the town. The food at the restaurant is above average, defenitly, and the service is great.

The only Three things that I would critizise from the hotel are:

1-The distance from the hotel, to the Copan Ruinas town. The hotel is definitly close to the ruins and the arqueological sites, but it is pretty far from the town. The hotel provides with schedualed shuttles from and to the town. Nevertheless, this limits your ability to move freely and at anytime, quite a bit. You can take a ride in those motorcycle taxis, but dont hop in with more than 3 passangers...it might be an unconfortable ride, and even dengerous I think. This way of getting to and fro, is a very affordable and fun way of doing so. But definitly, the distnace from the town, is something that I can criticize from this place.

2-The bed mattres I was provided with. The darn thing wouldn´t stay in its place, plus it was too soft, to the point of becoming unconfortable. I didnt try to have the staff change it, since I was tired, and I really didnt care...until the next morning. I woke up constantly do to this, and lets take into consideration that i DONT have back problems. Although it seems that I was the only one affected with this issue from my family, it was quite a bit unconfortable. Nevertheless, knowing the guys at the hotel, they would have been more than glad to change the matress if I had asked for it to be done so.

3-The cable T.V. I thought that Cable T.V. was supposed to have a variety of channel options. The cable in this hotel, or at least in my room, only had 12 channels to pick from, wich by the way, none where good options, in my particular taste. Probably, this was the thing that got more on my nerves, than the two above. When I wake up, and after taking a bath, I like to watch some TV, I dont ask for much, but for something interesting at least. They failed to provide this for me. I didnt make any comments to the hotel staff either...because I dont think that they could have done much about it...or who knows?

Overall, I think this hotel was a great option. It is a big place, where mostly the Central American turist go to. It is very clean, the staff is very helpful and good natured, and the food and drinks are great. If I was to visit Copan Ruinas again, I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family