La Casa de Cafe
Ranked #1 of 21 Copan B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were so happy when we arrived at this beautiful B&B. Extremely lovely staff, Fatima who made us a hot chocolate after a long shuttle ride from El Salvador spoke English and is also a massage therapist so if you want to have a great massage get one here.
The room was spotless and so cute, hot powerful shower, the bed, sheets, pillows and towels were perfection.
We had the best breakfasts everyday something different, sitting at one of the gorgeous tables looking over the valley.
The only tiniest prob we had was the LOUD guests at the backpackers nextdoor (coming to La Casa for Breakfast) sat outside the guests rooms bit before 7 in the morning, Perhaps they didn't realize there were guests inside those rooms trying to enjoy their sleep. Anyway this place was awesome, so close to town, the owner, Howard was really helpful and even emailed us restaurants to visit in Antigua which was our next stop. We would recommend this place to everyone! You will love it!

Room Tip: I loved out room down the stairs facing the garden I think it was 6
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Howard, Angela and their staff made our visit to Copan memorable. In a town catering to seasoned tourists Casa de Cafe serves on par with what one might expect from hotels or inns in an urban center. I had a massage from Fatima, paid for 1 hour and received 75 minutes of bliss and rejuvenation.
The rooms are bright, clean and access onto beautiful gardens where we ate a delicious breakfast every morning that was tasty and never repeated in our four days there. The hotel staff are energetic, friendly and happily served us iced drinks, coffee, lemongrass tea(fresh from their garden)and rich hot chocolate gratis.
Howard and Angela offer tips on local sites, dining and even connected us with their favourite lodging and restaurants in our next stop Antigua. It is apparent they take great pride in what they offer and we will be booking there again when we next visit Copan.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank littleb6
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was so nice to arrive to this lovely and relaxing little hotel after a such a long and rough drive. The hotel´s staff and its owners are extremely friendly and will do all they can to feel at home. Rooms are comfortable and well ventilated. There is free wifi for guests at the public areas. The gardens are lovely and there are hammocks all over the place to relax. The hotel is in the edge of the little town of Copan Ruinas, extremely close to the ruins and all the major attractions. A delicious breakfast is included in the rate and you can enjoy it in the beautiful gardens overlooking the mountains. After sightseeing the ruins and visiting the Macaw Moutain and the Butterfly Garden, you can come back to the hotel to enjoy a lovely sunset. I am very happy to have stayed at this place, and I am sure you will be too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here with 2 friends for three nights and had a fabulous time. The owners were helpful and friendly, the staff patient and efficient. Rooms are light and airy with comfortable beds and a plentiful supply of hot water. A good location on the edge of the town with beautiful views and an easy walk to the ruins. Breakfast is included and served in the garden and what a breakfast-my advise is have everything offered! This place is a must for all visitors to Copan

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were greeted with an offer of ice tea! After a four hour ride nothing could have been more welcome. They will serve you coffee, ice water and such all day. Breakfast is served in the garden and is excellent. It is what you'll need for a day exploring the ruins. The sunset view toward the mountains will draw you to the lovely grounds. The rooms are simple with a few well selected art pieces and beautiful textiles, just enough to move it from spartan to elegant. The showers are roomy with lots of hot water. Good WiFi in the lobby, less so the rooms. Howard, the owner is helpful with advise on where to eat, which ATM to use, how far the walk to the ruins is, ( easy, maybe 20 minutes thru town) and other attractions in area. Our group did butterfly gardens and McCaw Mountain plus all the ruins and associated museums on a three night stay.
The altitude is high so many in our group were happy for the lovely blankets provided. The village area is quiet, and strolling after dark on the well lighted streets was a pleasant after dinner treat, especially when we found ice cream nearby. Copan is a lovely place, safe and friendly. The ruins and museums are well worth the trip, and staying at Casa de Cafe eases the trip from adventure to pleasure.

Room Tip: We were on lobby level off the garden where breakfast was served, but the other parts of the gardens...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in this beautiful hotel for a night while I was in Copan, it has a nice view of the hills and it is really close from where the Copan ruins are, the breakfast, which is included in the rate, is so good and made of natural and fresh food, I love the omelet by the way! The price is not high and it included hot water and wifi. they dont have parking lot but you can leave your car in the street because the town is really secure. You can also watch a good sunset from the hammock. Definitely is a good place to relax and enjoy the nature. The staff is also so kind and they treat you really nice...

Room Tip: Get rooms 1 to 5 to have a great view every morning...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I recently spent 6 days in Copan and I wish I would have stayed here or one of their other properties the whole time. I was so impressed at the great rooms, beautiful gardens, and the fact that they are always checking to see if you need anything to drink (water, tea, coffee) which is included! The breakfast that is served is really good and the service is 5 star. Then there is the AMAZING massage therapist, that you need to book! I have had a lot of massages in my life and this seriously ranked in the top 5.
And not to forget to mention my favorite part was that the owners are always around making sure everything is perfect for you. I was even emailed a list of good restaurants for my next stop. I loved the friendly specialized attention.
This place is a little bit off from the main square and doesn't have air conditioning but the rooms are so breezy and cool you won't need it. I would highly recommend staying as to paying more than double to stay close to the park, like I did the first few days. So much better here and better on the pocket book!

Room Tip: I don't there is a bad room, plus there are hammocks to chill in, major plus!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo