“Best, thee best coffee in Copan Ruinas”
Review of Casa Ixchel

Casa Ixchel
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Copan
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casa Ixchel in Copan Ruinas, Honduras, is a welcome new in town restaurant extension of the famous Spa Ixchel. The finest family grown and roasted coffees, espresso drinks, desserts, salads, and full meals are offered in a tranquil indoor and outdoor setting. The ever present owner, Katia Duke, is a Copaneca who speaks English and is intimately familiar with all the amazing town and ruins offer. A peaceful spot for gourmet breakfast, brunch and lunch , one of the best and most economical in town.
Copán, Copan, Honduras
“Best, thee best coffee in Copan Ruinas”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Since we live here for over 2 year, I I sampled all the coffee shops in Copan Ruinas. No other store comes close to the flavour of the coffee of the Casa Ixchel.
No wonder, I saw how they painstakingly removed bad coffee beans by hand. What a job!!
Combined with the ah so friendly service, it makes the "coffee break" very memorable.
And try their home made deserts too, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014

Istanbul, Turkey
“Great burgers and incredible coffee”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Although I know that those two do not necessarily go well together :-). But as I got a bit tired of local food (I've been in Central America for a month, so I have the right to miss something more international:-)), I want some junk. The burger turned out to be quite healthy! Their home sauce was great! It was all served in a beautiful little garden. For those who are sensitive to temperature, I should say that the garden was really sun lit and had only one table under the roof. So consider this.... Someone might get disturbed by a few flies flying around. But to me the music, the service, the food were so incredibly amazing, so I did not care about that (although the flies kind of bothered me stilllll).
After staying there for reading a bit, I ordered coffee and.... I have left with a bag of their coffee as it was really good! (I emphacize it because I tried lots and lots of Honduran coffee from supposedly good farms and it was not to my taste, but this one was great and quite cheap compared to what I paid for similar coffee in Nicaragua, El Salvador and Guatemala).
The lady who served me (shamefully, I did not ask her name) was so friendly, so helpful and despite my extremely limited Spanish and her limited English she helped me learn about the coffee I ordered, about some places in Copan, she gave me a map...
As for prices, maybe it is not for extremely low budget, but burgers were between 6-10$, mine was served with most delicious potatoes and it was big!
The last thing :-), my plan is to have breakfast there tomorrow!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TalyaRu
katiaduke, Gerente at Casa Ixchel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking some of your valuable time and give us an excellent advice, sincerely encourages us to keep up the good work and dedication.
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We popped in here for Breakfast based on positive Tripadvisor reviews and we're not disappointed. A good selection, and big cups of good coffee on a quiet and quaint little courtyard were great. Nice and clean and with v friendly staff. English menus available, but bring a little Spanish to order (as per anywhere in Honduras!)

1 Thank Bodger1984
katiaduke, Gerente at Casa Ixchel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We are very happy to know that your experience at Casa Ixchel was very nice!
Detroit, Michigan
“Great food, coffee, and staff”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The staff was so friendly. We were able to learn and watch them roast coffee, very informative, we had great burgers, even during a power outage, and tried several different drinks, all were great.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank carrie s
katiaduke, Gerente at Casa Ixchel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your visit!
South Carolina
“A True Gem in Copan”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This little place would be great anywhere, but to find such a treasure in the little city of Copan Ruinas is truly amazing. Katia is such a great host. The coffee, food, desserts are all top notch. If you are visiting Copan, find Casa Ixchel.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank KSP-HHI
katiaduke, Gerente at Casa Ixchel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you very much for visiting Casa Ixchel and your lovely advise!