“Lovely cafe off of central park”
Review of Cafe Welchez

Cafe Welchez
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stumbled into this cafe expecting tourist tripe, considering its proximity to central park. We were very pleasantly surprised by this stylish (and air conditioned) cafe.

It was fairly early in the morning on a weekday; therefore, it was my sister and I, and a few local patrons. You order from the counter and pay, and they bring out your order when it is done. We are not the best Spanish speakers, but the ladies at the counter were patient and provided some encouraging smiles; I believe they also gave us an English menu, but I do not believe they spoke any English themselves.

My sister had the eggs benadict; seeing a favourite from home after a few weeks on the road is lovely. The sauce was mustardy, which is different for us but still yummy, and the hasbrowns were devine. I had a baleada plate (Honduran specialty). Now, we had spent a week in the Bay Islands, and I had my fair share of baleadas but these were phenomenal! They were out of the usual sausage/meat they used, so I had them replace it with breakfast sausage and it was super yummy! We also shared a smoothie and it was very yummy. Sadly, we didn't have any coffee, but I would not hesitate to recommend the cafe. The desserts looked phenomenal and if you're in the area and haven't tried tres leche cake, I recommend it - the cake in the case looked very good, and others have recommended it from Welchez.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This place was a good clean coffee house where you can have a sandwich too. It is not very personable but sometimes that is great too. The flan is exceptional as is the location.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Cafe Welchez is a good place if you want to eat very good and fresh sandwiches and nice smoothies. I had the veggie sandwich twice during a 2 day stay in Copan.

It's true that the place is a little bit overpriced, though.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great environment, lots of local desserts and a variety of coffee drinks.
The second floor offers a nice view of the central plaza and is prime location for people watching.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The price was a surprise especially after tasting the delicious offering. Just off the corner of the main square. Attentive service and open early.