“Fantastic!”

Sol de Copan
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Copan
Cuisines: Diner, German, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: German Microbrewery and restaurant with german flair, quiet and familiar.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Yum! what a great gem of a restaurant! The owner- husband& wife- make excellent German beer and sausage. all natural and made with obvious love and dedication. great choice.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

A honest-to-God German brewery in Copan, with delicious German and Honduran food. Thomas, the owner, is focused on his customers almost as much as he is on making great beer and food! The place was filled with locals, a sign that its really become part of the community and isn't a tourist only trap. If you miss here, you're missing out! Gustavo (our tour guide from PALTOURS) recommended it and we loved it.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had a few beers and sausage at this wonderful restaurant. Owner makes his own German beers on site and they are excellent. I would highly recommend the weissbeer--and I don't usually like wheat beers. The sausage was good was well and came with decent mustard and German potato salad.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I happened upon this place after getting reviews from some Gringos wandering the streets of Copan Ruinas. It's a cool little place that offers some great beer. If you're an afficionado of beer, beer history or beer brewing, you'll love the place. Thomas is a real character, happy to share his wealth of knowledge on beers.
When I stopped in, he was serving Export and Weissbeer. I've gotta say, that both were tasty, but the Weissbeer was one of the best I've ever had. Very similar to Franzikaner, but unique in its own way.
I also had the longaniza (sausage). It's a very nice mix of German and Latin flavors, with a bit of other influences (mmmm, cumin). I missed out on the Spaetzl. Maybe on my next visit...

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Inviting atmosphere; easy to make friends even with international travelers and locals/expats. Great home-made brews! Menu had German and Honduran dishes. Very tasty and reasonably priced. Owner Tomas and his wife were very hospitable; be prepared to be hugged! When we travel we like to go to a variety of places but this place drew us to them a second time. Were we in Copan longer we'd have gone there add'l times. We highly recommend this restaurant and if we visit again it'll definitely be on our list again. A MUST!!!
John & Gabriella- Atlanta, Georgia USA