“What a great find!”

Sol de Copan
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Copan
Cuisines: Diner, German, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: German Microbrewery and restaurant with german flair, quiet and familiar.
Moscow, Russia
“What a great find!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This restaurant was the highlight of our Copan trip. The owners are very friendly and boy do they know how to make some beer:)

Visited November 2011

BILLINGS
“If you are in Copan, don't miss this!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Great Micro Brews! Home made German sausage and potato salad to make a dinner complete. Thomas and his family are great hosts.

• Visited March 2012
Minneapolis
“Great beer!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We loved this place! The owners are really friendly and fun to talk to. If you love beer, you have to stop here :)

Visited February 2012
Soldeciopan, Owner at Sol de Copan, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you !

Elsa & Thomas
Athens, Ohio, United States
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I first wandered into Sol de Copan with a friend in June, 2011. I had been to Honduras some 15 times. I'm a fan of good beer, but have generally found alternative beverages because I'm not a big fan of light pilsners like Honduras' own Imperial. So, when I tried the beer at this establishment, I fell in love at first taste. When I returned for language school in Copan in December, I wanted to be sure to see what new beers Thomas had brewed, and was not disappointed. Not only was the beer tasty, but the food was delicious. As a solo traveler, I also appreciated the "community" table, where I met several interesting people over the course of the 4 nights I dropped in, including Thomas who is a tremendous host.. When I return to Copan in 2012, my numero uno restaurant to visit will be Sol de Copan.

• Visited December 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great beer and a great host, the food very disappointing”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

If you want to taste good beer, talk to a very pleasant host in Copan Ruinas then this place is worth a visit. The food unfortunately is disappointing and they do not have the ability to bring out every bodies dish at the same time so you can eat together, in fact nearly everybody ate individually while the rest of us sat there and watched. The menu is a mixture of German and local food and very limited My companion ate the enchiladas which was no more than a burnt tortilla with a salad on top. I ate a beef paprikas, which was totally inoffensive and bland, with little or no flavor. Again if you want great beer, then you should visit, just do not expect to have good food with it.

• Visited February 2012
Soldeciopan, Owner at Sol de Copan, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for your review.
Sorry that you didn´t enjoy your time in our little place.
We always say to the tourguides, that we don´t want to have bigger groups than 6 people, because we can not serve them right, we are a small place ans the kitchen is not big enough to serve more people at the same time. We also take critics as a chance to do better.
This fore we need also the right discription, we don´t serve paprika beef, this is not on the menue and i think, when you criticise something, you should know about what you are talking for to help us really. Enchiladas also always are served with chicken and tomatosauce, both homemade, and also with egg, why don't you write the truth? I´m controlling every dish, before i serve it and i never served burned tortillas.
However, when you are back in town, give us another chance,

Elsa & Thomas