“best beer in Honduras!”

Sol de Copan
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Copan
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: German Microbrewery and restaurant with german flair, quiet and familiar.
Beirut, Lebanon
“best beer in Honduras!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

GREAT beer! The owner has two on tap usually - one lighter and one darker. Very nice guy too. By far the best beer in Honduras (I've tried all the local beers, as well as those brewed by D&D and the ones served at Casa de las Abuelas in Valle de Angeles - nothing against any of them, but they don't even compare!)

Visited November 2011
Soldeciopan, Owner at Sol de Copan, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Muchisimo gracias !!!!
Elsa & Thomas

Brownsville, Vermont
“Fantastic: German Microbrewery in Honduras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Sol de Copan is a German brew-pub in Copan Ruinas. The brewmaster/owner, Thomas Wagner, is very enthusiastic about beer and food, and he always has two of his great home-made German beers on tap. The menu has quite a variety of german food. The six of us all ordered different meals from the menu, and everything was delicious. Thomas loves to talk about beer and food, and gave us a tour of his brewery after we finished dinner. The price was reasonable, the restaurant was clean, and we felt right at home. I would definitely go back, and I would recommend Sol de Copan to anybody who goes to Copan Ruinas. Thank you Thomas!

• Visited November 2011
Soldeciopan, Owner at Sol de Copan, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you very much, my wife and me are happy, when you enjoyed your time here in our Restaurabt and in Copan.

Wish you the best
Elsa & Thomas
Dresden, Germany
“Delicious German Beer & Food in Copan Ruinas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

The restaurant of Thomas is a great place, the beer is great, the food is great (homemade Spätzle with meat and sauce... hmmm, I had two servings...), and Thomas is a very interesting guy who takes the time to chat with his customers :) He brought all his brewing equipment and the furniture from Germany! So you get tasty beer meeting the German purity law :)
We went there on three evenings while we were in Copan, each night we met new interesting people, Hondurenos, Germans from my home town, Russians, Americans... Great place to spend the evening!

• Visited September 2011
Soldeciopan, Owner at Sol de Copan, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Muchisimo gracias por su recomendation

saludes
Thomas
East Peoria, Illinois
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

This place was so unexpected. It is a German-Honduran restaurant and micro-brewery in the middle of Copan, Honduras. Thomas makes his own German beer, using recipes and techniquies that are 500 years old. He imports equipment and ingredients, even his glasses, from Germany. The beer and hospitality are both terrific. We didn't eat there, so I can't speak for the food.

Visited September 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful Memory of my visit to Copan Ruinas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Sol de Copan had only been open one week when I found it by chance as I was exploring Copan. Thomas and his wife were so friendly and inviting, that I made sure to visit it one night. And I was not disappointed. The beer was the most amazing I had ever tasted. And the food was delicious and made with love. The furniture, shipped in from Germany, gave the place a real cozy European feel. I returned twice more during my stay and always brought along a new friend. As a solo traveler, I chose to sit at the large community table where there were always lively conversations. What a sweet memory of great food, beer, and welcoming hosts!

• Visited December 2010