“Best place in Copan”

Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Copan
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Over looking the lush mountains, over looking the main Central Park. Up scale, but with a backpackers special every night ranging from $6 / $10Great for group bookings and parts.2 for 1 cocktail from 3 till 6, and good food specials. Great for birthday party's, order a home made cake from Tanya. Good music and football games.We're now open 11am to 11pm Monday to Saturday.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Best place in Copan”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We eat at and checked out many places in Copan and liked this place the best. It is a second floor balcony over a backstreet. It is a relatively small bar but the drinks actually had alcohol in them (unlike everywhere else in Honduras) and the food was super high quality. The best dinners were pricey but well worth it. They also have backbacker specials before 6 p.m. that were great and cheap. Best service that we saw in Honduras.

Visited January 2013

Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Amazing place to have a few drinks in Copan!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Crazy Tanya is about right! This review is a few years late, but we had a wonderful time at Crazy Tanya's. We volunteered in La Esperanza, and 11 of us came to Copan to have a great weekend. We ended up at Tanya's having a few drinks and a bit of munch, and it was wonderful! Amazing happy hour drinks, some nice food, great location in Copan on the second floor. It is reasonably priced- not cheap- but very reasonable. A couple of pounds for a drink- so I had a few! Wonderful night!

We had such a good night, and Tanya was such a great host, that we went to her second bar from here!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SBhatt87
Vernon, Canada
“Great happy hour”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Although a little ovepriced the food was excellant. Go before six when it is two for one for better value. We went for two for one happy hour a couple of times. Good bartender.

Visited January 2013
“Nice place for dinner”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The owner is on site and loves his own food! He speaks English and is quite personable which gives you an opportunity to ask in depth questions about Honduras you may have collected after your day in Copan.

Visited February 2013
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
“Good, but VERY expensive by central American standards”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Mixed thoughts on this place. I typically prefer places that serve more typical food for the area, but sometimes you need a break. I tried Tanya's twice during my 9 days in Copan. Since it's on the second floor and is an open air restaurant, it makes for good people watching. If you dislike louder music (US pop & rock), you may not like Tanya's, as they keep the volume up a bit.

My first food order (hummus) was good, but nothing outstanding. A few days later I went back for a full meal, and had the ravioli. It was outstanding - a fantastic dish by any standard. I was very disappointed when my bill arrived. I purposely ate during the "backpacker special" period, arriving at 5:30pm, but was charged the full price. Server would not change the bill.

Note that the restaurant is quite popular, and the wait for food can sometimes be long - both times I was there large groups of 10-12 people were eating. Because of the quality of the food, I expect that the food should cost more, however I do think that the prices are still too high considering what country it's located in. The prices are equivalent to US restaurants..

• Visited January 2013