“Simply wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yat B'alam Boutique Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Yat B'alam Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Copan
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Simply wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Our family stayed at this wonderful little hotel in late January and could not have had a better experience. The owner, Rena, was the perfect host beginning with our email exchanges prior to our trip. She warmly greeted us upon arrival and made us feel welcome and comfortable during our entire stay. Her staff members in the hotel, café, and gift shop were equally personable and helpful. They will be happy to help arrange local transportation, a guide at the ruins, etc. so there’s no need to worry about any details before you get there! Simply show up and enjoy your stay!

We stayed in one of the rooms that faces the street and we loved the little balcony and the sleeping arrangements (a double bed and two single beds). The amenities like a ceiling fan, air conditioning, refrigerator, and adequate lighting were nice too. The room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable and the little sitting area outside the four rooms is very pleasant. The décor and furniture in the common areas and guest rooms is simple yet beautiful. We were fortunate not to have any noisy guests there while we were since a loud group in the sitting area would be disruptive to all the guest rooms. (Our kids are quiet and calm--the kind of kids that are well-suited for this type of hotel.) We ate our breakfasts (and a few treats) in the café and really enjoyed the food, staff, and atmosphere. We also bought some souvenirs in the lovely gift shop. All of the items were of high quality and more unique than what’s sold in the more typical souvenir shops in town.

We could not imagine a more pleasant place to stay nor more pleasant hotel staff to interact with. Yat B’alam is simply wonderful!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Five of us had the opportunity to stay at Yat B'alam Boutique Hotel during our recent trip to see the Copan Ruins. Great location! Great service! Great rooms! Great food in the attached cafe. Great price!

Room Tip: We had balcony suites. They were perfect!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gene R
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is the most darling hotel run by the nicest people you could ever meet. The room (#4), while small, is quite comfortable. For the record, we were offered room #1, but preferred the bedding in this room (two doubles in room 4 versus one double and two singles in room 1). The cafe downstairs is excellent and serves the best coffee!!! The location in town is excellent and an easy walk or tuk-tuk ride to everything. But the best thing about this hotel are the staff, led by Rita Pena. Rita and her husband were so kind trying to assist us in getting our luggage from Taca...who had left it on Roatan. They make this charming hotel unforgettable!

Room Tip: If you can, avoid room #4. While excellent, it is the room one must pass by in order to get to the...
1 Thank IxChel3300
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our stay at this beautiful hotel was so relaxing! Visiting our newly married son and his wife in Honduras we booked two rooms and they couldn't have been more comfortable. Everyone from checkin to check out could not have been more pleasant or helpful.

Arrived back late one afternoon and found they had sent 2 free fruit trays up to both rooms,what customer service! Rina and her entire staff made us feel so safe and comfortable!
We had to leave a day early and to my surprise they refunded our payment on both rooms and were extremely understanding.

Loved Copan and Yat B'alam!

Lisa K

Friday Harbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was lucky enough to find availability at this hotel when my Tac-Tac driver couldn't find the hotel I had originally booked. When he stopped in front of Yat B'alam to get directions, I decided to see if they had a room available for 2 nights. I had thought seriously about staying here when planning my trip but decided to go some place less expensive since I had planned to spend most of my time touring the ruins and visiting local sights like MacCaw Bird Mountain Preserve and the Canopy Zip Lines.

Staying at Yat B'alam was the best decision I made. I stayed in 4 different places in Honduras and this was my absolute favorite. They have only 4 rooms which are situated above a lovely courtyard. They had a wonderful cafe' and a great gift store where I bought all of my Christmas presents to bring back to Seattle.

Although the folks that worked there spoke little English, communication wasn't a problem. The ladies in the cafe' understood that I wanted to see the ruins and set me up with an excellent tour guide, Caesar. I was very lucky because he spoke perfect English and had been working at the ruins, off and on, since he was 12 years old. He had many stories about the uncovering of artifacts and the meaning and purposes of various buildings and stone carvings. Caesar made all of the transportation arrangements and even took me to the bird reserve and ziplining!

I had a wonderful time and was very happy to have my lovely room with the comfortable bed, air conditioning and a big roomy bathroom to return to each night. I only wished I would have planned a few more days to stay there as the hotel is perfectly located near the town square to have access to shops and restaurants but far enough away to get a peaceful nights sleep snuggled down in the big comfy bed! It was also a very friendly place for a female traveling alone, I walked around at night and I was never concerned about my safety.

Room Tip: I loved my room, #2. It had the most comfortable king sized bed and my bathroom was large with lots...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at Yat B'alam in January of 2013.

We only had a day and a half in Copan and wished we could have stayed longer. Had we known how lovely the little village and Yat B'alam would be, we would have planned to stay longer.

We did the ruins which were really great (get the guide as they are fantastic) and we were amazed at the good (and cheap!) food that you could get all over Copan.

The Hotel staff was wonderful waiting around for us to finish our white knuckle drive in pitch blackness to get there from SPS (recommendation: There are small flights all over Honduras, use them. Driving and rental cars are rough going, and the ferry to the bay islands are awful). The staff was wonderful throughout, the town was charming, and rooms were sweet and cute, as well as reasonably priced.

Loved this place very much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

My daughter and I were extremely pleased with everything about Yat B'alam. The room (one of 4) was comfortable with great beds, fridge, TV, and access to a large selection of DVD's. It was nice to find a big bottle of water restocked in the fridge every day. Small gesture, but very thoughtful and helpful. The bathroom had a roomy shower with great hot water and pressure. One afternoon a delicious large fruit plate was brought to our room, compliments of the hotel. It's the little things. . .

The ambience of the small and intimate hotel was lovely with beautiful bright colors and plants. There was a nice lounge area overlooking the narrow cobblestone street below. The gift shop was excellent and a place where one can purchase very nice quality gifts for a reasonable price. Breakfast was not included, but the small restaurant with just a few small tables (two of them streetside) served fabulous food. . .breakfast baleadas, avocado, fruit, several types of pita and bagel menu items, delicious coffee, tasty baked sweets, all at a good price. All hotel personnel are friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Rina, who managed our reservation and manned the front desk as well as helping out everywhere else, was absolutely gracious and helpful with every single detail including planning of tours, etc. Every single person seemed to go out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

I appreciated that the location was not directly on the town square, but a couple of blocks away making for a quieter sleep. Also, we were just steps away from two of our favorite restaurants: Twisted Tanya's and Carlos's great little cheese, sandwich, and wine establishment. What a treat these both were!

We will definitely return to Copan (magical) and will look no further than Yat B'alam---SO glad we chose to stay there!

Room Tip: We were very fond of room #4 as it was not directly on the street. Others might prefer a streetside...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family