“Home away from home”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Copan
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are great, service is great, food is great and the people...well guess...Very affordable, quaint and friendly. Having my morning coffee at the cozy little cafe balcony with my book and watching the people walk by, it's just like sitting in a European bistro, a slice of heaven. Katy is one of their gems there, very attentive and always greeting your with her beautiful smile.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank consiglieri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a very pretty hotel in a very pretty town. The rooms are big, clean and beautiful, the location is great, right at the center. Also, it's a close ride to really nice hot springs and Maya ruins site. The staff is very friendly! Worth the money 100%

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I'm usually a budget traveler, not a backpacker, but one grade above with the occasional splash out; this hotel was a bit out of budget and worth every penny! Just off the main square with a cute little cafe serving delicious coffee, breakfast and lunch items. The rooms are perfectly appointed and super clean with good internet service. My intended 2 night stay turned into a week++ after I had a serious injury while out hiking in the area breaking my leg and ankle which required surgery to repair. The owners Rina & Hugo took me in as if I were one of their own and looked out for me the balance of my stay in every way. I was on my own but never felt like I was for a minute. My own family couldn't have taken better care of me. These people understand the concept of service and honesty and take it to a whole new level. I can't say enough good about the hotel and the people running it. I can't wait to return to Yat B'alam and get on with my vacation interrupted!

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms in this boutique hotel --each simply perfect depending on your partys' gu...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank wehrli0
Folsom, Louisiana
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I never thought it was possible to find a hotel and not have a single complaint against it. After 3 weeks in Honduras, this was by far the best stay. The room was beautiful, quaint, and clean. The hotel had a great old-world atmosphere. All the staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Rena, the owner, was especially sweet and helpful. The gift shops and restaurant there are great and very reasonably priced. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 1 with balcony has a perfect view and the a/c runs cold!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Maine
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Yat B'alam is one of those really special boutique spots, offered at a reasonable price and worth that occasional splurge if your on a budget you're trying to stretch for as much travel as possible. My husband and I stayed in Copan 2 days, 3 nights and Yat B'alam is right in the heart of Copan (it's a small town), with extremely comfortable rooms, no details left unfinished and the owners and staff are exceptionally friendly, caring and helpful. We loved the cafe downstairs for breakfast, small yes, but delicious food and coffee and nice atmosphere. Thank you to all for your quality establishment.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Guatemala
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a great little hotel to stay in when you visit Copan Ruinas. The location is perfect and the staff was so helpful. I've been there 2 times now and won't even consider any other place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Staying at this charming boutique hotel was the perfect way to end our week in Honduras. We were greeted so warmly by the staff and Rina who proudly showed us our room. The room was perfect with a little balcony overlooking the main street, however with double glazing on the windows we didn't hear a thing. Our only regret was that we weren't able to stay longer. Loved it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple