“Best food on the island”
Review of El Castillo

El Castillo
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Utila
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Restaurant El Castillo is Located in Sandy bay Utila. 10 min walking distance from the center, 2 min from the main road is it very secluded. Whenever you like to relax after a long day of diving with friends here is the spot, the light back ground music and the peaceful atmosphere takes you in a different world. Many young couples come to enjoy the lovely surroundings, and the romantic setting of this place. On the weekend El Castillo opens our doors, the perfect location for a candle light dinner to complete a perfect holiday. We offer light and fine dining food. Fresh fish, sea food, beef, pork, and chicken as well vegetarian dishes are our specialty. All our menu is fresh prepared with fresh herbs from our garden.
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I went to El Castillo on two consecutive Saturday nights. On the first visit I had a steak and on the second I had the wienerschnitzel. Both meals came with 3 appetizers (salsa with chips, soup, and salad). I ordered the steak rare and Luzia cooked it perfectly. The wienerschnitzel was also amazing, breaded with crumbs from homemade bread. The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful, as there are few of the backpackers that fill the other spots on Utila. This is because the restaurant is fancier than most on the island (but still affordable). I will definitely come back next time I'm on Utila.

Reviewed May 2, 2018

We have been coming to Utila for years and only just recently had our first experience at El Castillo... El Castillo is enchanting from the moment you walk in. They have created a one of a kind charming experience that you would expect to find in a small town in Austria. The service is outstanding and the food, OH THE FOOD!!! You will not be disappointed. I would recommend telling them what you like and having them choose their favorite dish. I can't wait to get back to the island to go again to El Castillo. My only disappointment was that I it had been there this entire time and and I have only now discovered it!

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

This beautiful place wasn’t only amazing service and food but very welcoming as well ! My friends and I are backpacking and wanted to treat ourselves to a nice meal. Well this was the place. The meals aren’t cheap for Utila but are around $15-20 USD. A steal for what you get. I came with a large group of friends so we got to try each other’s food and the quality is top notch. The meals come with soup and salad to start and everything is made in a small kitchen with all local ingredients. The owner, Lucia was such a treat. She’s absolutely fabulous and will keep you wanting to come back. If you are in Utila save this spot for a delightful meal!

1  Thank SoloTravelerLivBug44
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Ambiance, culture and amazing food. The atmosphere in this little place is amazing, torches and polite staff. Was offered a special cocktail upon arrival (very tasty and refreshing). The restaurant was only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with a international menu with a German/ Honduran twist. The salad was fresh and flavorful, ordered the lobster salad as well, delicious and the beef filet Was perfect, especially with the bottle of Chilean wine. Superb!

1  Thank Douglas R
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

This meal was absolutely fantastic! Luzia did a wonderful job of serving a combination of modern/traditional German dish mixed with a little Caribbean flare. Could not have asked for more coming from a German background. Love! Love! Love! Make sure to make reservations so you can get in. Ambiance in the restaurant was neat and the service was just right. Perfekt!

1  Thank 488karas