After searching for a long time of a dive resort where we would feel comfortable, we found Utopia Village. The experience was amazing as we expected an experience singular in nature. However, we found the environment to be very team oriented and almost felt as if we had gained another family by the time we had left. The rooms were a perfect mixture of both comfort and elegance. We stayed during out honeymoon which also entailed small gestures to make it even better!
The staff were extremely friendly and not the unsettling sort of friendly that may seem off putting to some. They genuinely were good people and loved what they were doing there....they also had some interesting storied of what brought them to bear in landing in such a remote place far from home. Our dive instructor was more than anyone could ever ask out for! She had a way of making learners/beginners like us feel extremely comfortable in getting certified. The water was so beautiful and calm and the reef once under water was like exploring a hidden city. The colors were overwhelming and the unique life there will never be forgotten. It will be hard to top the dives there and we were a little spoiled by discovering diving in such a wonderful place....but we will continue to try! If your looking for a real good time then this is the place off the beaten path.
Also, the gluten free menu here was awesome and the food was delicious!!!!!! Didn't get sick once and I'm extremely intolerant. Three meals a day...and morning/afternoon snack. If your a heavy eater you may want to bring extra snacks. However, found the diet there to be revitalizing as all the food was fresh with no weird preserved fake food items found in the states. Also, the sand fleas will be anywhere not industrialized in the region, just bring spray though they already spay organic spray that isn't harmful to it envioroment unlike other resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful location, exceptional service, fantastic diving and one of the best places in the world to have a chance to see and swim with whale sharks and dolphins. Casually elegant, beachfront dive resort that also takes great care of leisure guests. All rooms are oceanview or oceanfront and have air conditioning, ceiling fans and spacious balconies with views of the ocean and mainland mountains. Full service dive shop, beach bar, lounge and on-site restaurant with table service. All meals are included in weekly package rates. Pool, hot tub and dive pool as well as fitness room and massage room are among the great amenities added during our recent renovations. Rates are per person, double occupancy. Utila is easily accessed by island-hopper flights from Roatan and San Pedro Sula. One bedroom oceanfront bungalows with separate living areas and small refrigerators are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Utopia Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Utopia Dive Village Utila
- Utopia Dive Village Hotel Utila