Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Second Time at Utila Dive Center

This is my second time taking a class and diving with Utila Dive Center. My second time was an even... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
RTud11
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
via mobile
YAY DIVING! 1000% Recommended

The dive center was everything I could ask for. I started with my advanced with Lucas as my... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Robb W

1,507 results
All reviews mango open water dive center top notch safety stop instructor development fun diving the entire staff super fun these guys marine life underwater world amazing instructor diving experience lion fish laid back north side
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2021

I did Divemaster Training, Instructor Development Course, Master Scuba Diver Training and internship with Utila Dive Center. Long story short I had so much fun!! Instructors were strangers when I arrived but after 3 months in Utila I feel they are my family. All the instructors are very friendly with good sense of humor but very professional at the same time. They have solutions for all my questions, that helped me grow as a pro diver. I highly recommend UDC for pro trainings. Many thanks for Nico, Rich, Levi, Maca, Anton, Matt and Patrice!

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed August 4, 2021

I did UDC’s GoEco program in June and it was absolutely incredible! Alex and Sam were so knowledgeable, patient, and made the program fun and exciting. It definitely wouldn’t have been the same without them. I highly recommend it to anyone who’s thinking about learning more about marine conservation.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed August 3, 2021 via mobile

Hey if you’re reading this, your life might potentially change like mine did. I’m Anwar, a 31 year old party enthusiast who had no idea how to swim and was terribly afraid of the ocean... Until I met my instructors at UDC. As a man who prefers to drink like a fish instead of swimming with them, I realized I was going to be a challenge for most instructors. However, no words can describe the level or professionalism and genuine care that they give you at UDC. I want to make an exceptional shout out to Lukas and Levi!! Both instructors helped me not only overcome my many fears of water, but got me to a level of enjoyment and confidence to where I cannot wait to be back 30m deep again! Despite all the setbacks I threw at them, they moved their schedules around to make sure I got quality training and let me tell you, I’ve never felt happier.

Some other perks that I enjoyed:

Their community is so fun and welcoming for all walks of life, it felt like I had a big diving family and that feeling is pure serotonin.

Their facility is located at the best dock for sunset views and spotting eagle rays, also super clean and beautiful

Their bar pumps out the coldest beer and the best pastelitos on the island (I couldn't have made it through my hangovers without them)

So if you made it this far, all I have to say is... just book that flight, grab a pastelito, and live your best life. And if anyone asks, Anwar sent ya

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed July 30, 2021

I completed my PADI open water course with Sir Richard and Nikki. They were both amazing. So professional and patient throughout my entire course! They encouraged me to keep moving forward even when I really struggled! They helped me to overcome my fears and now that I've completed my course I'm so excited to continue diving. I'd definitely recommend UDC to anyone trying to dive in Utila. They are the pros. Thanks Nikki and Rich! PADI brothers forever.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed July 30, 2021

UDC had been recommended to me by a few travelers I had met over the years, and finally I came to Utila to see what all the hype was about and fulfill my scuba dream. Any expectations were far exceeded! Patrice Dore and Rachael LaTurner gave me such incredible instruction for my Open Water Course that I decided to stay and get my Advanced Open Water with them as well. Even though I was the only person in my courses, both Patrice and Rachael went above and beyond and gave 150% of their time and energy to making sure I understood every concept and felt comfortable at all times, and always had an answer to any question I had. The training was super thorough and all procedures and dives felt well thought out and professional.

I went diving in Roatan after my course and immediately felt a difference in process - my dive center there was way more lax on everything, but because of the quality of training I received at UDC, with only 13 dives under my belt I still felt comfortable navigating the situation in Roatan and was even more grateful to Patrice and Rachael for preparing me so well.

The social vibe and staff at UDC made hanging out there everyday super fun - everyone was friendly and helpful and it was nice to be able to grab a drink or meal before, after, or in between training/dives. As a newcomer on the dive scene, I learned so much just chatting with folks. Mango Inn was a comfortable place to stay, the staff there were also super helpful and the pool was a great place to relax after a day at UDC.

I came to Utila a scuba newb and left with a new passion. Thank you Patrice, Rachael, and UDC for everything over the past 10 days - I know I'll be back for more certifications and fun dives with you!

Date of experience: July 2021