Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Open water

Couldn’t recommend UDC more. Amazing facilities, excellent staff and a very efficiently run shop... read more

Reviewed yesterday
EKennedy98
via mobile
Experience of a lifetime

Took my open water here with Nana as my instructor very professional and also fun, I’ve never dived... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Jakub M
via mobile

1,510 results
All reviews mango open water dive center top notch safety stop instructor development fun diving the entire staff super fun these guys marine life underwater world amazing instructor diving experience lion fish laid back north side
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2021

I completed my PADI open water course with Sir Richard and Nikki. They were both amazing. So professional and patient throughout my entire course! They encouraged me to keep moving forward even when I really struggled! They helped me to overcome my fears and now that I've completed my course I'm so excited to continue diving. I'd definitely recommend UDC to anyone trying to dive in Utila. They are the pros. Thanks Nikki and Rich! PADI brothers forever.

Reviewed July 30, 2021

UDC had been recommended to me by a few travelers I had met over the years, and finally I came to Utila to see what all the hype was about and fulfill my scuba dream. Any expectations were far exceeded! Patrice Dore and Rachael LaTurner gave me such incredible instruction for my Open Water Course that I decided to stay and get my Advanced Open Water with them as well. Even though I was the only person in my courses, both Patrice and Rachael went above and beyond and gave 150% of their time and energy to making sure I understood every concept and felt comfortable at all times, and always had an answer to any question I had. The training was super thorough and all procedures and dives felt well thought out and professional.

I went diving in Roatan after my course and immediately felt a difference in process - my dive center there was way more lax on everything, but because of the quality of training I received at UDC, with only 13 dives under my belt I still felt comfortable navigating the situation in Roatan and was even more grateful to Patrice and Rachael for preparing me so well.

The social vibe and staff at UDC made hanging out there everyday super fun - everyone was friendly and helpful and it was nice to be able to grab a drink or meal before, after, or in between training/dives. As a newcomer on the dive scene, I learned so much just chatting with folks. Mango Inn was a comfortable place to stay, the staff there were also super helpful and the pool was a great place to relax after a day at UDC.

I came to Utila a scuba newb and left with a new passion. Thank you Patrice, Rachael, and UDC for everything over the past 10 days - I know I'll be back for more certifications and fun dives with you!

Reviewed July 28, 2021

I completed my PADI Open Water course at UDC with Patrice and Joan as instructors. I was a great and fun experience. Since the beginning I felt very comfortable with the instruction and supervision of the instructors who also managed to make the course really FUN! I wish I could’ve stayed for longer in this beautiful island and I’m hoping to go back for my Advanced course. Definitely recommended!

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed July 25, 2021

We could’ve easily gotten certified where we live in Hawaii, but I am so happy we traveled all the way to Honduras and Utila Dive Center. Our instructor Patrice was incredibly thorough, patient and fun. Tilda, Bobby and Tori assisted on our dives and were all incredibly helpful. We had a big group with differing abilities and all ended up in the same place at the end.. Open Water Divers! I would highly recommend Patrice and Utila Dive Center to anyone I know. It was definitely a very memorable and fun experience. Thanks for everything Pat! We hope to run into you again somewhere in the world :D

Reviewed July 21, 2021

I did my Open Water course at UDC and it was a amazing experience! Patrice, the instructor, was hands down the most patient and knowledgeable instructor. He made sure we all felt comfortable both with the in-class theory as well as mastered all the skills in the water. It was a very personalized course and at your own pace, definitely had that one on one experience and attention if needed. I would definitely recommend pursuing any course at UDC and ask for Patrice as an instructor!