Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Second Time at Utila Dive Center

This is my second time taking a class and diving with Utila Dive Center. My second time was an even... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
RTud11
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
via mobile
YAY DIVING! 1000% Recommended

The dive center was everything I could ask for. I started with my advanced with Lucas as my... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Robb W

1,507 results
All reviews mango open water dive center top notch safety stop instructor development fun diving the entire staff super fun these guys marine life underwater world amazing instructor diving experience lion fish laid back north side
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2021

I was at UDC to complete my instructor course in February 2021. Upon arrival everything was taken care of with regards to accommodation and what to do upon arrival. When I made my way to the dive shop I was introduced to the course director Juicy, and the other IDC candidates who were around the dive shop at the time. I felt very welcomed.
Having been out of the water for a little while I was happy to be offered the chance to go on some dives prior to the IDC, which made me feel much more comfortable in my own abilities.
The IDC was exceptional throughout. Juicy and Tom were professional, patient and knowledgable in every way, helping out wherever they could.
I was not sure what to expect from doing my IDC, but I have made some friends for life in both the staff and my fellow candidates.
I was also incredibly impressed at the focus on steps to take after the IDC. We were given a CV workshop, and the ability to send ours to Juicy and Tom to critique. As a part of the package we even had professional photos taken of us in our dive gear to help with applications. It really showed that UDC not only care about the course you take, but what you go on to do afterwards.
I would not change the experience I had here, and would like to thank everyone from UDC who helped shape my time here.

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed April 9, 2021

UDC is the most professional dive shop I have ever been to and my time here was life-changing. I came to do my divemasters with my sister for 6 weeks and we ended up staying for three months. I learned so much in my few weeks with all the incredibly trained staff which lead me to stay for the IDC. I highly recommend this place for anyone pursuing professional development. UDC makes everyone feel welcomed and part of the family and goes above and beyond to make sure everyone has a great experience. One of the best times of my life!!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed April 3, 2021

Great instructor
Lots of fun
Great place to learn
See lot of fish and everything was great
UDC is a great place to learn and to dive with

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed April 1, 2021

Never have been around a more professional group of people. Everyone went out of their way to help me out at every turn of my visit. Nine dives in three days. Swam with dolphins because of the boat captain's expertise and boat handling skills. The boats and gear was top notch and expertly maintained. I highly recommend UDC if Utila is your dive destination.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 16, 2021

UDC is the best diving school/shop on Utila.
It is super well equipped and offers SO many courses. Very professional and also so much fun! People there are super friendly. It is a great place for learning how to dive and more.
Our instructor was Patrice Dore . He was the best teacher and explained everything so well! I felt super secure and safe with him. We could learn a lot from his huge experience in diving and it was just a great experience. I would always recommend him as an instructor.