“UDC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Utila Dive Center

Utila Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: The Utila Dive Centre is an established dive operation and hotel, offering all levels of scuba instruction from beginner to PADI Scuba Instructor, including Tec diving. Utila Dive Centre has been a PADI Career Development Center since 2002 and is the most popular and successful CDC in Central America. We have Instructor level continuing education courses (Specialty Instructor, Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IDC Staff Instructor) and internships that add real value to your training with us.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“UDC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I wanted to take the time to write and thank everyone for a fantastic time diving with you. I spent four months in Utila diving with UDC as a Fun Diver, while my daughter, Alexandra was doing her IDC with you all. I spent most of my time diving with all and treasured every moment. When we arrived we did our diving under the watchful eye of DM Jimmy Larson, we all had a fantastic first week and we were lucky to be joined by my husband Victor. The following weeks, months I spent most of my free time diving with DM Bret, DM Chris and DM Suzanne and Captain Errol on Old Tom while Alexandra was studying and working on her courses. Thanks Bret, Suzanne, Chris and Errol, for taking the time to show me every little thing that you have to show underwater in Utila’s great dive sites. Loved the munchies after the dives, some even made it into my pockets for the walk home, Oreos are the best!

Victor managed to make it back twice and has some great memories stored in his mind and some great photos to bring them up every once in a while.

I enjoyed arriving early to the UDC facility, getting my gear ready and watching all the activities that went on before the boats left with students and fun divers on their morning dives.

Utila, UDC became our home and we had a fantastic experience, I SWAM WITH WHALE SHARKS MANY TIME, and SPENT 45 MINUTES IN ONE ENCOUNTER. I will never forget the site of these majestic fish swimming so close that I had to hold my breath.

Thanks ANDY, JHAIR, JIMMY, SARA (MAMA SCUBA), DECLAN, BRET, SUZANNE, MAYA, FERNANDO, RUSTY, MARY, Young SARAH, G, FRANKIE, CAPTAIN ERROL, RYAN, BRYAN and COOKIE for making us feel at home and taking the time to show us all the wonderful things Utila has to offer. Hope I did not forget anyone....

Please keep in touch, and if any of you are ever in our neighborhood please knock on our door you will always be welcome.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Viviana L

ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Recent trip to Utila to dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

A friend and I recently spent a week in Utila; stayed at the Mango Inn and dove with UDC. Brett and Hannah met us for drinks at the Mango Inn to explain how the week was going to go, we were off to a good start! Excellent organization!

This was one of the best vacations we have been on; 3 dives a day, 1 night dive and both M. and I got our Advanced Open Water.

The staff, all of them, but especially Brett, Suzanne and Hannah are the best! They could not have done more to make our experience any better. They went above and beyond what my expectations were even to fulfill a special request :) UDC offers something to do most evenings, one night there was a BBQ for 150 lempira (3$) included all you can drink Rum Punch.

I hope all of you at UDC are doing well and thank you again for an excellent adventure!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank hpycmpr
Guatemala City, Guatemala
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excellent learning and great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I became an Instructor with UDC on September and then the internship on October. It was an amazing experience, full of fun and people from all over the world. The staff is amazingly entertaining but at the same time good teachers.... The dives are amazing, great team environment, nice music on the boats. I am working now in Asia and I am applying all the tips and knowledge I received from UDC! Definitly the best dive centre on Utila!!! This is UDC!!!!!!

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Best diveshop on Utila”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

i completed my Dive Master here and it was the best experience ever. All the staff are helpful, welcoming and friendly.I couldn't have asked for a better time.

Visited June 2012
Utila, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“UDC Best dive shop in utila”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you want to experience the best dive experience in Utila, Honduras you want to do it with UDC. Great fun, great times, great instructors, all the best for any divers. Love you !

Visited November 2012